[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Samuel Pickens - Testimony

Samuel Pickens - Testimony

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Samuel Pickens - Testimony

Postby Samuel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:51 am

Greetings to all and peace from our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus. From E. TN; Tri-Cities area (Bristol, Johnson City & Kingsport).

On that night in the Judean sky the mystic star dispensed its light, a blind man moved in peaceful sleep and dreamed that he had sight.
A lonesome leaper seldom seen had a vision he was clean. When he awoke in morning’s light, he had friends well in sight.

On that night in the manger stall, slept child and mother cheek by jaw; a harlot dreamed she was safe and secure because a chosen one had made her pure.

Against the black bosomed night diamonds spangled the sky while angels announced the birth of a King.

As the light flickered against the walls, the shadow of the cross carved from the beams in the stable loomed over him and he remained under that shadow all his life.

From His loom He can fashion the fleece to curtain the couch of the dying and give dignity and peace. I won’t forsake you!

Upon the looms of Heaven He weaves the delicate tapestry of the rainbow to glisten against the rolling clouds reflected by the silver lines He laced on the green meadows. The lovely lily's He tacked on the lush green carpet against a backdrop of purple mountains piercing the turquoise sky where set afire by a blazing sun to coat a blue planet with universal light. How can anyone put limits on Him - The Just One.

There wasn't room for him in the inn - but on January 5, 1972 I made room for him in my heart.

Except one becomes a child; so simple but yet difficult to put you life in someone else's hands. Suffer the little children to come to me and forbid them not!

I feel so small and inadequate sometimes and ashamed that I haven't done more in life. There are some things that can’t be taken away. One must have a vision! Seize the day!
Samuel

Re: Samuel Pickens - Testimony

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:33 am

Ed: Welcome Samuel! You are located in a beautiful part of the world. I once considered attending East Tennessee State. And have wondered how my life may have been affected had I done so.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi Sam!
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Samuel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Beloved of God; it is my pleasure to meet you and thank you. I'm have been and AM an engineering consultant. Having lived in various places in USA and Saudia Arabia.

The Christ Child Jesus has been my closest companion and friend in my walk since 1972. I long for His return. Hopefully, it will be before I die and see 1 Cor 15:52 fulfilled in my lifetime. For at the last trump He shall appear in the cloud. Forever to be with the Lord has a nice right to it ;-D.
Samuel

Postby Samuel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 pm

I accepted Jesus as my Saviour on Jan 5, 1972. I had a Baptist (Missionary) upbringing but that was all. Ran hard and fast for many years before I found my Lord and my God and His salvation. He has been my closest friend and companion over these years regardless if I was in Saudi or USA coast to coast. I have always been in Baptist churches; SBC, ABC and Independant.

We broke the ice in the N fork of the Holston River and I was Baptized in 28F weather. I believe God's promises and that He has preserved His word. From the first century through His people, His Elect (Christians) has the accepted text (Bibles) come and we (every generation; just as He promised) have had His word. From the 1st C to TR to the KJB I believed that the Bible is the Word of God and contain His w o r d s. The Bible is true. Jn 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

I saw this site as a Baptist site. I was in hopes that it is a Christian, Bible-believing group of Christians. IF it is a Bible bashing site or willie-nillie doctrinally; then, I guess I don't belong.

What say you? pdmsampickens@gmail.com

I believe the GEN account and the indwelling of the Holy Ghost as I know in whom I've believed and know My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.

No game playing on my end.
Samuel

Postby Haruo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)