[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - suggestions

suggestions

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

suggestions

Postby Blake » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Seeing as we don't have a forum for suggestions I'll post my suggestion here. I suggest that Stephen Fox be given his own forum where he can post his links and keep responding to his links with more links and undiscernible short hand comments. :P Thanks.
"But for our parts, to take a carnal weapon in our hands, or use the least violence, either to support or pull down the worst, or to set up or maintain the best of men, we look not upon it to be our duty in the least..."
- Henry Adis
Blake

Re: suggestions

Postby Dave Miller » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:02 pm

As the subject of many of his comments, I would agree. Actually, the SBC Trends forum has pretty much become Fox's personal playground.
Dave Miller

Re: suggestions

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:07 pm

I've started five new threads over at the SBC forum.

Should make for some interesting discussion if folks are still dropping by.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Suggestions for Blake and David Miller

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:28 am

I suggest David Miller set up a jury of Louis, John Fariss and Aaron Weaver to review http://www.sbcvoices.com and the sequence of activity there.
If there is a consensus in context that my posts there were out of line I am more than happy to review them on that board.

Other than that I invite Aaron and Blake to look at the bibliography at the wiki page on the SBC takeover and see if the three books of the 40 or so that David Miller remembers reading would in any way give him credibility as something of a person to be taken seriously when it comes to the specific topic of http://www.sbctakeover.com
Would love to have Barry Hankins join that discussion as well.

Yall have a nice day.

BDW: How many card carrying inerrantists do you know at Yale?

Other references for David Miller.

I think he checked off three when the subject came up about a month ago at the www.sbcvoices.com and began his obsession with finding a way to frustrate my contributions on that board.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_B ... references
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Suggestions for Blake and David Miller

Postby Blake » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:02 am

Which three did David Miller read? Although my studies of the CR hasn't been nearly as thorough as yours, Stephen, I thought David T. Morgan's The New Crusades The New Holy Land was a very fair and accurate picture of the whole ordeal.
"But for our parts, to take a carnal weapon in our hands, or use the least violence, either to support or pull down the worst, or to set up or maintain the best of men, we look not upon it to be our duty in the least..."
- Henry Adis
Blake

Victims and Rhetoric

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:15 am

I am footnoted in Morgan's book with reference to a quote from a letter to the Editor of the Montgomery Adv about Bush 41 connection to BassMaster Ray Scott best I remember.

Miller may have read one more than three. He can look at the list and see if any of them strike a memory and report here.

He has already sent me an email this morning saying I play the victim card. I suggest to him a jury at www.sbcvoices.com to have a public discussion and Sequential Review of posts he there finds eggregious.

I think he is playng the Pressler card. If had the money to travel, would love to discuss that card with Richard Jackson and I invite David Miller to pursue that conversation.

All panty wadding victimization aside, the more substantial conversation now is the nature of rhetoric in the SBC Takeover I have posted under Vines and Gingrich at SBC Trends.

I Invite you and Miller and AAron Weaver to engage that discussion with Howell Scott and myself in full throttle.

Miller is not blacklisted at this site. Wade Burleson drops by on occasion. Let the Civil and Passionate Games begin.

Stephen Fox

Re: Victims and Rhetoric

Postby Blake » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:42 pm

I like Dave Miller. I think he's a good pastor and while I disagree with some of his views I think he's definitely one of the best Southern Baptists I've encountered (and that's a compliment reserved for very few Southern Baptists). The fact that Dave spends anytime at all engaging with the larger Baptist body beyond his local church (which I happened to grow up in before he was there) encourages me greatly. Stephen, I don't really follow much of your CR discussions because I just don't care about the CR as much as you do. I do wish more Southern Baptists would study the CR in some depth from all sides open-mindedly, but I don't expect that to happen and prefer to try to encourage more realistic and healthy ways forward in the SBC that the people in the pews might appreciate. My concern with your obsession with the CR is that you don't appear to appreciate how insignificant the SBC is in the whole history of global Christianity. Your constant focus and commenting on a period of 30-40 year history in the SBC, I think, has gone well beyond scholarship. You may be the greatest authority on the subject, but if the subject is that insignificant is it really worth the energy you continue to put into it? Can't you find another axe to grind? I'm pretty sure not even the handle is left of this axe. If I'm out of line, I'm sorry, but I felt someone had to say it. I appreciate your efforts to do serious thorough research on the topic of the CR, Stephen, I really do, but you do act like you've gone over the edge with this.
- Henry Adis
Blake

Re: suggestions/Carl Kell and Miller on Cecil Sherman

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Just curious, Blake, how old are you?

Aaron Weaver had an interesting response to Pastor Miller back in April when Cecil Sherman died. It is curious Miller would publicly bring my family into his abuse of me here on this board, but when mention if made of his oldest son from public reference on his Blog, he goes immediately to administration of this blog.

I have posted Miller's thoughts in the Millerland thread at SBC Trends. I hope you and Brandon Smith, another of his apologists may engage the discussion there.

Hope things otherwise are well. Keep an eye on the comment line of Howell Scott's From Law to Grace blog.

Miller resists truth about the character of the SBC takeover. I do hope as someone who has this much dawg in the Hunt, you will take a close look at the Carl Kell book I have repeatedly endorsed as discussion starter.

Stephen Fox

Re: suggestions/Miller land and Cecil Sherman

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:34 am

Blake: I brought the Miller quote on Cecil Sherman to the Cr and SBC Impact topic at Baptist Trends.
Let's pick up this discussion in the Millerland topic there; and with your access to SBCVoices invite Miller and Brandon to join us here. I think I can stay on topic :wink: :brick: in regard the massaging mandate of Miller in re the so called Conservative Resurgence and why it is Legion; or to put it another way why an honest, informed look at the characterof the CR is imperative and ongoing.

Stephen Fox

Re: suggestions for Blake

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:56 am

Blake: I would love for you to engage one of the Miller threads at SBC trends ongoing basis.

For Certain as a matter of Conscience I would hope you would link at http://www.sbcvoices.com a notice of the upcoming God in America series so Reverend Miller's family and church can view and the discussions inall phases of his network and intersections brought more in to the Light, educated, advanced just a little out of his Deep fog of Fundamentalism. Every bit helps and this Upcoming series Frontline could be a magnificent blessing for his stunted worldview, his boxxed in version, limmited mindset of fundamentalism and inerrancy; the same inerrancy dismissed at Ridgecrest 87, for which post mortem he continues to misrepresent Cecil Sherman for one as Aaron Weaver has pointed out.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/

God In America

Take all that to SBC Voices and take it often.

Stephen Fox

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)