[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Global Warming Thread IX

Global Warming Thread IX

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Global Warming Thread IX

Postby Gary » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Old thread had reached 109 posts.

Arbitrary new thread per David's earlier discussion. He's busy. I did it for him.

Now, have at each other, Brothers.

Gary
Gary

Re: Global Warming Thread IX

Postby David Flick » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:37 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:04 am

On this date in 1936 in my town, the temperature rose to 108, after two days at 106 apiece. The rest of the summer in 1936 made it about the hottest on record (many days above 100), as was the entire decade of the 1930s. At that time, I was dreading the first grade. In the 1940s, the cooling started and by the 1970s the “experts” were warning of a new Ice Age. So…this is a bit of reminder that anecdotal stuff regarding the current “heat wave” in some parts of the country is nothing new and just as useless. When it was hot here in 1936 and all of the 1930s, Oklahoma was blowing away toward California – both soil and people. Thankfully, things are very good in Oklahoma now.
Jim

Postby David Flick » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:21 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:24 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Strawman AGW Denier argument: No group of earth persons ever caused Global Warming.

Bye Bye argument. All it takes is one exception:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/1007 ... e_mammoths

Of course, that was back before God crated Adam. So we would have to call those Mammoth killers:
Apes ;-)
:angel:
( for the physical Millennial Messianic Reign of Jesus )

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
(AGW = Anthropogenic Global Warming)
Ed Edwards

Postby Ed Edwards » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Brother Jim || ... by the 1970s the “experts” were warning of a new Ice Age ... ||

Better statement: by the 1970s an expert or two warned of a new Ice Age coming in about 20,000 years

by th 1990s many climate experts, paleoclimate experts, geologists, biologists, and kindred experts were warning of AGW (Anthropogenic Global Warming) that would be well on it's way and obvious by 2030. This AGW scare was proved UNTRUE. AGW is now and the AGW is going to increase through 2100 even if we do now what we should have done in 1992 (when we should have elected Al Gore). Fortunately I did not vote for Bush nor Gore. (I figured that we had a Bush already and do not need an american Dynasty!) I guess it was alright to spend a Trillion Dollars killing Iraqi and Afgans - but not alright to spend a Trillion Dollars building dikes?

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:32 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Howard V » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:44 am

Those guys probably have it backwards - - - The birch grew farther north because it had already warmed up a bit [makes as much sense as their assumption].

Now let's see - - every time I eat a steak I'm contributing to AGW because there is one less cow to eat the grass therefore the extra grass will absorb more sunlight causing the earth to get hotter. OK. I guess when I pick purple hull peas, tomatoes, peppers, beans, cucumbers, etc. from my backyard garden and chow down on them then I'm surely helping cool the planet because after I've eaten the veggies there is less vegetation to absorb the sunlight to produce more heat. Do I have it right? If so I need to increase my consumption of veggies 'cause it is hot right here right now. :) :lol: :) :lol: :wink: :roll:

Howard
Howard V

Postby KeithE » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:12 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:49 am

Jim

Postby KeithE » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:58 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:46 pm

James 1:8 (KJV1611 edition, e-sword.com edition):

A double minded man is vnstable in all his wayes.

Strong's explains this for the source of the term here translated "double minded".

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:59 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:03 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:26 am

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder; but ugly goes clear to the bone.
The scripture is (metaphorically speaking) a mirror, revealing the inner self, soul, spirit, etc.
I just post scripture, the Lord gives it meaning for the reader.
I plant the seed, God gives the increase.
Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:57 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:39 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Edwards » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:53 pm

All my best religion I got at Children's Worship.
Sorry to the author of this old Baptist Children's song:

Roll away, roll away, roll away (make rolling motion while singing)
All the burdens of my heart rolled away

Brave Gnu World:

Verse 1:
Wish away, wish away, wish away (make clue-less eye rolling motions while singing)
All the AGW problems wished away!
All my friends, had to sink, neath the rising floods,
Wish away, wish away, wish away!

Verse 2:
Wish away, wish away, wish away (make clue-less eye crossing motions while singing)
All the AGW problems wished away!
All my living peeps moved 12º North,Wish away, wish away, wish away!

I'm sure you get the idea by now :-)
Keith: || You cannot just wish away the AGW problem by quoting 40 year old op-eds or hiding/ignoring the DATA. ||

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
Ed Edwards

Postby David Flick » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:25 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:28 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:42 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Global Warming Deniers and Jesus

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:12 am

http://www.ethicsdaily.com has a word for Flick and KeithE this morning

Straightaway:

http://www.ethicsdaily.com/news.php?viewStory=16393
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby KeithE » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:31 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues