[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Can Soccer and the World Cup Save the World??

Can Soccer and the World Cup Save the World??

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Can Soccer and the World Cup Save the World??

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:13 am

http://www.religiondispatches.org/archi ... apartheid/

And Consider the Clint Demspey profile in SI.com by Segura; Dempsey two years at the once Baptist affiliated Furman.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Can Soccer and the World Cup Save the World??

Postby KeithE » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:15 pm

Not occurring to Glen Beck and other RW commentators.

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: It's stupid to think it can.

Postby ET » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:22 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby KeithE » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:09 pm

You're at church on Sunday mornings. Why should you care what people are doing in public parks in the Sunday am????
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Thank the good Lord we don't live in an Ed-ocracy...
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby KeithE » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:25 am

ET

Postby KeithE » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Around the world soccer is very popular. Probably the most popular sport. But not in the US. That is why I call you and Glen Beck "Americo-centric" at least on this factor. That's facts.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Here in the deep South soccer is going strong at the High School level, not just among pre-teens. My son, who turns 29 this summer was an avid player throughout HS, playing in a school league for half the year and another league the other half. In fact, most of the youth in our church play soccer, not another sport. It has become a source of conflict with regular church activities, which is a sure sign it is not just some incidental sport. :)

I suspect it will continue to grow in popularity for the foreseeable future, and give the other sports a run for their money.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby ET » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:33 pm

ET

Postby Jim » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:41 pm

I heard one of the experts explaining the other day that Americans make great goalies (maybe the best...I don't remember) because they grow up learning how to catch the ball with their HANDS.
Jim

Postby ET » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:05 pm

Oops.
ET

sacred soccer

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:11 am

Stephen Fox

Clint Dempsey story in SI

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:15 am