[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Welcome David Rogers and Joe Blackmon

Welcome David Rogers and Joe Blackmon

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Welcome David Rogers and Joe Blackmon

Postby Haruo » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Hope you're here to dialogue and not just calumniate against this board as whole or Wade Burleson in particular.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Welcome David Rogers and Joe Blackmon

Postby David Rogers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:32 am

Interesting welcome. Do I perhaps have a reputation for calumniating?
David Rogers

Postby Haruo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:02 am

Not to my knowledge, although I guess Joe's reputation could involve that. ;-) But there's been some recent heat on the board, and as the person approving you guys' memberships (you came in at the same time), I felt a twinge of anticipatory trepidation.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Cathy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:38 am

Welcome David Rogers. We have a small connection. My father was a very close friend of a mentor to your father. I called him Uncle Allen.
Cathy

Postby David Rogers » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:53 am

Cathy,

Thanks for the welcome. I am not sure if I'll spend a lot of time over here. But, you never know.

Haruo,

If the goal over here is friendly and open dialogue, your welcome was not the most hospitable one I have ever had. :wink:

My purpose in commenting was that someone else brought me up in a previous comment, and Stephen Fox commented over at the blog in which I am a contributor (SBC Impact) directing me to the stream on Cecil Sherman and Al Mohler. While I agree with the general sentiment that there is a certain amount of respect due to anyone at the season around their death, the truth is that Dr. Sherman, from the information I have, has not always shown that same respect to my father. I wouldn't have seen the need to bring this up, though, if others had not seen the need to make the contrary point.

As far as Joe is concerned, I have admonished him regarding comments over at SBC Impact on occasion. But, I think you might be well-advised to do your homework a little better before throwing me in the same sack with him.

In any case, thanks for the permission to comment here. I will try to be as respectful here as I would ask others to be at my own site.
David Rogers

Postby Haruo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Well, as I said, it was Joe that I was really worried about. One of the things I do before approving anybody (about 95% of the applications for membership are from spammers of the sex-and-drugs-runner variety, mostly very obvious but occasionally very artfully concealed) is to try to determine (from evidence on the Web) whether a person is a person, and if so, whether there is reason to worry that they may be uncongenial here. Your own reality was not in doubt, and I found no evidence that you would be unacceptably argumentative (we tend to kick out people who use strong language to impugn other posters' character or salvation), but Tim Rogers, with whom you have a surname in common, who had been here a long time without tripping my red flag wires had just been acting out here, and some of the evidence of Joe Blackmon's reality that I found in my vetting expedition gave me cause to worry about him. So the combination of his prior verbiage elsewhere and your last name caused me to greet you in that less than congenial way, for which I apologize.

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Welcome David Rogers

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat May 08, 2010 6:42 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)