[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Two Questions About the Republican Party

Two Questions About the Republican Party

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Two Questions About the Republican Party

Postby Haruo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Two Questions About the Republican Party

Postby KeithE » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:23 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:41 pm

I got a similar mailing today. (Mine also came non-profit rate, Haruo, but for 11 cents.) My version is called the Congressional District Survey. Its cover letter is filled with rousing, highly biased and polarizing rhetoric about the Dems and how they are ruining the country with every step they take. All the survey questions choices are "Yes / No / Undecided". with no place for comments. The last question asks if I'm ready to support candidates in my area and donate to the cause. Even has a place for credit card information.

Here's the hilarious part: "As one of our Party's most dedicated and trusted activists, your views and opinions on this survey will be used to represent thousands of Republicans in your congressional district."

I had no idea I was an activist! I've never been to a Party event of either party, have never given them any money, have answered phone surveys in a decidedly non-committal manner, etc. I'm not registered as a Republican (or Democrat) as far as I know. So-o-o ...if I'm one of their "most dedicated and trusted activists" ...they ARE in deep trouble! In fact, this might explain a lot.

I will return the survey, and hope my answers will give them reason to take me off their mailing list. If nothing else, it will cost them the return postage. Deliberately distorting survey results is a little hobby of mine. The rebel in me doesn't like to be pegged or labeled. Please understand, I'm not being partisan in doing this either. I'd like to get off Dem. mailing lists, too, but they never send me anything.

On second thought, I may send a note with the return that might help get me off that mailing list. :)

---------------------
Dear Chairman Steele,

Thanks so much for your recent letter and survey. It was much appreciated. I'm getting ready to plant my garden this spring, and any additional manure you could send will certainly be put to good use.

Sincerely,

Neil Heath
-------------------------
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:43 pm

I love it, Neil.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Bama Oped

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:31 pm

can help here

http://www.annistonstar.com/view/full_s ... sPageAyers

And Marsha Blackburn stunned with question about Freedom for the Tea Parties last Sunday on Meet the Press
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues