[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - FBC Decatur and the GBC

FBC Decatur and the GBC

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

FBC Decatur and the GBC

Postby Neil Heath » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Re: FBC Decatur and the GBC

Postby Haruo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Yeah, people (churches, conventions) who think there's something wrong with recognizing a God-given calling because of the gender of Biblical terms, and yet who insist that the commandments which say "thou shalt" where "thou" is a masculine Hebrew form apply to women just amaze me. Our church is doing wonderfully following Christ under a shepherdess, and praise God we're in a convention and especially a Region where there is no controversy on the subject.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Maybe Decatur First will join the BGAV which might welcome her into the family. I would!
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:31 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:41 pm

I think you're right, David. We may not see it, but my daughter, who is an ordained children's minister and a pretty good preacher, may see them finally come around.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:57 am

David Flick wrote "There will come a day (probably not in next couple or three decades, however) when women pastors will be welcome in Southern Baptistdom. The older fundies will have to die off before it happens, but the way will come...:

Ed: David, are you suggesting that young fundamentalist will be open to female Pastors? :?
Ed Pettibone

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:44 pm

I gotta disagree with David.

Folks like Mohler and Akin are extremely popular with younger Southern Baptists (John Piper too). These men are firmly complimentarian and have not hesitated to express those views. In fact, I'd say that thanks to Mohler, Piper and the Council on Biblical Manhood/Womanhood, the younger generation of Southern Baptist is better equipped to articulate their views regarding gender than the older generation. A more sophisticated form of complimentarianism has emerged or is emerging in Southern Baptist life among those in their 20s and 30s.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Haruo » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:54 am

"Complimentarianism" is one of the few words that just tugs at my willpower to try to get me to step in and silently edit other people's posts.

I do think it's nice for people to say things like "You certainly look pretty today, darling!" or "I bow to your superior upper body strength; please open this pickle jar for me, God just made me too weak and fragile for that sort of thing." But I don't think that is actually the doctrine meant. I'm not sure young male SB theologues are any better able to articulate the saying of nice things to their spouses and betrotheds than their predecessors.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:21 am

You are correct, it is complEmentarianism. And it is a word that is often not spelled correctly. Unfortunately for those of us who occasionally misspell a word, the spell-checker does us no favors as it marks both complementarian and complimentarian as incorrectly spelled.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum