[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - FBC Jacksonville Having Trouble

FBC Jacksonville Having Trouble

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

FBC Jacksonville Having Trouble

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:18 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Re: FBC Jacksonville Having Trouble

Postby Chris » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Tim Dahl » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:10 pm

Tim L. Dahl
Using my full name since the warning of Banishment... ;)
Tim Dahl

Postby Chris » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:13 pm

Golden Spur material from Tim D
Chris

Postby Neil Heath » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:51 pm

And a well deserved spur as well!
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:36 pm

God must drive a Bentley or Rolls-Royce-----that's what Jim Bakker had and I saw it with my own eyes along with his cotillion of Security Guards----all before the disclosures of the Jessica Haun affair and golden faucets and other perks!!!1

Anyone who belives these mega church guys are "servants" and "directed by God" have no clue about the total pay package they command and the private jets they often have like old Ed Young, Jr. out in Texas!!!!!

The HMB / NAMB move to "Affluent Alpharetta" and their private jet on standby at the Charlie Brown Airport nearby for Dr. Reccord, have no clue how Courts Redford (1950-60's HMB Executive Secretary) took a train to get out so the missionary's salaries would not be used to support the affluent lifestyle of current leaders in the SBC!!!!!

When airfare became cheaper than trainfare, the old Spring Street location was only 30 minutes from the Atlanta Airport. Now the ornate campus is about 2 hrs from the airport and there is no public transportation from the airport to their affluent abode.

This is the sole problem at Jacksonville First and other megas = the Preacher has become the CEO / paid in the same ornate way / thinking he can command obedience and giving to support the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed.

Jesus in a cheaufer-driven Rolls-Royce is a long way from Jacksonville, in my view! :brick:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:20 am

Anyone who pays attention would know that FBCJax and Mac Brunson has had some degree of difficulty for several years, difficulty that was often discussed here by myself and Tom Rich of .

Gene, I'm somewhat ambivalent about it but if you are going to work in something about HMB/NAMB in your posts on any subject, why not just put it all in your signature so it doesn't clutter up the subject topic?

BTW, I'm farther from the Atlanta airport than NAMB HQ and I can make it in 1 hr 15 min most trips.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 am

William---

True about about your distance, but false since traffic is so much worse to get to Alpharetta. What troubles me most is the NAMB is supposed to be ministry to the down and out of American. How do you have any empathy when you left downtown with its street people and urban needs for the same affluent place so many mega churches have rushed to????

To me it would be asking Jesus to move into the abodes of the Pharisees at the Temple in Jerusalem.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:02 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Gene, I moved your last post to where it belongs:

Always room for CR stuff there. It's wide open.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Dahl » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Tim L. Dahl
Tim Dahl

Postby Tim Dahl » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Tim L. Dahl
Tim Dahl

Brunson

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Brunson is a graduate of Furman and to his credit he did mention LD Johnson one time in his sermons. I think Brunson finished Furman little before Governor Appalachian Trail, but I am not sure.

Brunson has a lot of charisma. If he has to take a time-out hope he reads Diarmaid McCullocuh and Giberson
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:46 pm

First we are talking of the issues at FBC Jax / next Golden Spurs / then Fox enters the frey-------

Is there any intelligent discussion left in this one???? :brick:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Chris

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:15 am

Personal and inspirational friend who would whup sum a** if he were still with us!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Return to SBC News and Trends