[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Human Rights and Alabama Governor and the Bishop

Human Rights and Alabama Governor and the Bishop

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Human Rights and Alabama Governor and the Bishop

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:17 pm

I think it is fair to construe Joey Kennedy's feature oped piece in Sunday's Bham News on International Human Rights Group and leader Meng concerns as a condemnation of Alabama Baptists, given recent reports about the deacon in State CEO, Rick Lance's congregation in Tuscaloosa, Gov Robert Bentley. It is linked three responses down in this thread. On this laptop which gives me fits as all do on occasion I may not be able to link it right away; but wanted yall to know it was out there.
And today on Bama NPR it was announced Bishop Willimon, and an ecumenical group has written an open letter to Deacon Governor Bentley calling on him to repeal the law.
Meanwhile just five or so days ago in the hometown of one of the leading UMC ministers from the get go, R. G. Lyons on the immigration Bill, Gov Bentley had a meeting with about 34 local pols etc including State Senator from these parts and some mayors and other magistrates.
Reportedly Bentley in a favorable what he likely thought was closed door session said He was confident he was in the center of God's will on the immigration law. At least one fellow openly spoke against that notion, and it was kinda quiet for a moment.
I found it all pretty interesting
The ball is in Rick Lance and Bob Terry's court as it has been for some time. Will be interesting to see when if ever they address the matter.
And the Bham news had a feature on Samford President and his daughter, an only child who happens to be the student body president this her senior year. He is very proud as he should be. As friend of Mike Huckabee from his days in Arkansas, will be interesting to see how he navigates all this; as well as the Shorter Question and the several writings of Jill Lepore.
Last edited by Stephen Fox on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: iNTERNATIONAL human rights group condemnsl Bama Baps

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:35 pm

No need to say thank you or nothin' Stephen...
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: iNTERNATIONAL human rights group condemnsl Bama Baps

Postby KeithE » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:08 am

Thank you Stephen for the news that Willimon has written an open letter to Bentley.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Ed.com and Human Rights Watch on SBC Deacon Bentley

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:38 am

http://www.ethicsdaily.com/alabama-cler ... -cms-19001

Joey Kennedy, whom I believe to be an active Baptist layman at Southside BC in Bham where George Truett preached in 1941 and Vicki Covington, where she worshipped in the mid 90's; JK on Human Rights and Alabama Immigration

http://blog.al.com/jkennedy/2011/12/joe ... _watc.html

Stephen Fox

Re: International Human Rights Group expresses concern about Al

Postby Haruo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Concern about Al?? Mohler? Al Obama? Or is the l an I, and it means Amnesty International?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Bama boy reacts to latest immigration news

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:04 am

Sandy

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:04 pm

A lower case l looks like l. Higher Case I looks lot like an and low case L but the link attached is clear the meaning of the title.
We waste a lot of time on this board nitpicking it seems to me.

The Title has an abbreviation for Alabama and is not about Amnesty I other than AI and Human Rights are of the same genre

Again of substance as KeithE noticed is the difference between Willimon and Bentley

http://www.ethicsdaily.com/alabama-cler ... -cms-19001

How Sandy remains in the SBC I continue to be unable to fathom

Stephen Fox

Return to SBC News and Trends