[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - The Grand SBC Takeover/Resurgence Thread

The Grand SBC Takeover/Resurgence Thread

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Re: The Grand SBC Takeover/Resurgence Thread

Postby Haruo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Gene, please document what would otherwise be the sort of libelous stuff we moderators need to attend to. If you can't or won't legitimately document it, then please delete it so we don't have to.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:40 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:54 pm

You are most WELCOME!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby William Thornton » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Gene I deleted your abp post because you slandered AR in it by stating that the problem occurred during his tenure and was not dealt with properly. The slander was the implication that AR knew about it and didn't deal with it properly, a point the ABP story did not make. I have not seen anyone state that AR knew about this.

If you find a source for that, you can come back with it.

I deleted both your post and Haruo's that quoted you on it.

I think that you can see the slander here.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:14 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:33 pm

If the President has things happen on his watch----remember Truman's sign: The buck stops here!

If his grandiose ego was so distracted, that's a sin of omission, in my view---PERIOD! :)
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Haruo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Yes, but Adrian Rogers was not Harry Truman, even though both were Baptists and executives.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Gene, I'd like for you to drop this. Your words were slanderous. I deleted a string of posts from you and others who in properly replying quoted you.

I apologize to Ed, Haruo, and Dave for deleting their responses. Each sees this for what it is and was. I just didn't want to edit out all of Gene's slanderous accusations.

Gene, you should know better. Just say you don't like AR. You don't have to slander him. If you bring this up again, I may ask you to take a time out. Give it some thought. This isn't the wild west where there are no laws.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:53 am

William--- With all due respect, you are a moderator with a delete key and power.

If this gets to your sensibilities, It's really not my fault for truth-telling as I cited the report relating to it. In addition I have told the personal experience of having a CR King personally recommend a Pastor who came to my church where I was Interim---and turned out to be a known womanizer from way back.

This is the schizophrenia of CR: If you are one of them, you obviously get to ignore personal rules of bahaviour and ethics the Bible clearly says is bad = "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!"

I have said enough--but it is needed in my view--and I apologize if I have been offensive to you or others liking CR tactics. I have personally seen and read more than enough to keep my respect of CR to a minimum.

My own father suffered under the "grand mod/lib egos" that ran the SBC in the 40's. He made the "mistake" of graduating Andover-Newton when Southern contained the FBC preacher referral society when he returned to his native GA/SC roots. In addition there was a group at Mercer which covenented together to help one another rise in GA SBC circles. He didn't join because he believed that God was in the calling of Pastors. King makers are nothing new when any organization is formed---be it Masons / churches / politics / business / etc. "Organized" can = "Politicized hierarchy!" :)
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby William Thornton » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:57 am

Gene, I don't care what criticism you offer about SBC leaders now or former so long as you have facts. Slander is unchristian. That gets to my sensibilities and probably yours also.

You offered unsubstantiated, totally false, criticism of a former SBC president, not truth telling. You had no facts. Others here tried to correct you on it even to the point of submitting facts and quotes and yet you stuck with it. That's why I deleted a whole bunch of posts. Let it go and move on to stuff you know and that can be confirmed.

There is plenty of stuff available from which to criticize the leaders of the SBC CR. Let 'er rip.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:01 am

I appreciate your sensibilities, brother!

We both have to admit "slander is in" with the Republican (Conservative Religious backed) Primaries. No one can say it isn't an "interesting time to be alive." :wink:

Maybe we should simply say, "Keep the slander as minimal as possible on this blog."
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Sandy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 am

Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:50 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:00 pm

ED---

It's not edited!

My dad is distantly related to L.R. Scarborough as well as Billy Graham by dent of his mother having been a Graham before marriage to my grandfather. Daddy just saw through the smoke-and-mirrors of politics in the SBC throughout his life.

I fear everyone has too thin a skin over prejudice and political connections. My father, wisely, went on with his ministerial life and was unafraid to stand before the GBC annual meeting and defend his alma mater whenever the blustering preachers took their shots as they do in every state convention meeting.

Baptists have generally feared education and "them thar outsiders!" You happen to be one, but you seem to endure it well. :wink:

I have a great disgust for those who play political games and run amuck calling anyone not like them "liberals!"
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Ed---

I wish I had a "pick the nit" award to give you right now---or "curmudgeon" award!!! :wink:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby William Thornton » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Here's a shot I took of Ed at the last CBF meeting. :lol:
Attachments
curmudgeon.jpg
curmudgeon.jpg (8.79 KiB) Viewed 9071 times
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:55 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:02 am

Ed---

This is a magic moment = :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here are 4 most serious thinking people who have some differences---and then just decide to laugh their heads off!!!!

Maybe we should dub this magic moment the "4 Laughing Heads Award."

You are right that I have been just as much a curmudgeon as yourself. We are both men of strong principle and much logic. We just have a difference of opinion on a small part of what matters to us and it's time to laugh our heads off at the "pot-calls-kettle-black" humor!

Somehow I see Jesus standing there with a big stick held up to his eye as he pretends to get at a speck of sawdust in that of old Peter.

Thanks, guys----I so needed that---and I owe a great apology to Ed for getting a little rough with him. Let's go ride a Zamboni now!!!!! :D
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:29 am

Ed; No Gene, we do not just have differences of opinions. Some of us often have facts and because you frequently offer only more opinion when asked for fact, I am not sure you know the difference. I believe what you so often call nit picking is simply your attempt to avoid offering sound reasoning. And no amount of your patronizing will alter that belief. But lice are parasites and should be eradicated immediately. Why do you object to getting rid of them?

And Gene, if you count, there are at least seven of us in this thread not four. :wink:
Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:46 am

You never quit and make up---do you Ed???

Sorry, but your "facts" often bore me and I thought these threads were a good place to express opinion.

I have never formed an opinion not based on observed facts, but I refuse to be so "factual" that I cease to think nor challenge you to do such! :wink:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:18 am

Ed, I haven't met Gene in person but here's a photo I was sent of him. This should even things out. :lol:
Attachments
mad dog.jpg
Mad Dog Scarborough
mad dog.jpg (3.44 KiB) Viewed 9006 times
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 am

:wink:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough