[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Time to stop talking and start action on the SBC name change

Time to stop talking and start action on the SBC name change

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Re: Time to stop talking and start action on the SBC name change

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:42 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:50 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:15 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

I find it sad/Rd.org

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:07 pm

that nobody on this board has picked up on the definitive piece on this matter, which I linked several posts back; Paul Harvey's commentary at www.religiondispatches.org. It is the starting point for the current discussion. Much of the distracting commentary in the wake of my link has been stuff 30 years old any 3rd grader could find at the wikipedia page on the takeover.
Here's a cryout for Aaron Weaver and Bruce Gourley to assess Paul Harvey's definitive remarks and analysis
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Stephen:

1. If it is about politics put it in the politics forum and not here.
2. If it is not about the name change, don't put it here.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Politics at the heart of the name change

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:11 pm

That is exactly the point Harvey makes at his definitive article at www.religiondispatches.org . Read the article and give oxygen to others like Aaron Weaver and Bruce Gourley to make their own assessment about where the proper place is.
This conversation about the name change fits in both places, both in public policy and here.
I make that point in good company, from Ellen Rosenberg who wrote the 88 book on Southern Baptists to Charles Marsh's Father Robert and his testimony at 2nd Ponce in the 90's.
Pressler oil money feeds Rove; and they hire Richard Land. This name change oozes with the politics of Rove and Charles Pickering's orchestration.
Saying this as a friend, but just because you don't get it; doesn't make it not so
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:33 pm

OK, Stephen, I want you to take until Monday and not post anything on the SBCNT forum. If you cannot do simple things here then you might be looking for another place to put your stuff.

Let a word to the wise be sufficient, bro.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:45 pm

I ran across an article via FB that lists top ten names rejected in the name change. It seemed legit.

Neil
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:30 am

B.U.B.B.A. Sounds like a great choice to me, but I am a Dayum Yankee so consider the source, :lol:
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:14 am

BUT---you have a gre-ut acse-cen-unt! :wink:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:06 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:36 pm