[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Your Personal Invitation

Your Personal Invitation

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Your Personal Invitation

Postby Alan Carter » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:17 pm

I have a good friend who goes to Prestonwood Baptist in Dallas and he told me that one of the great heroes of the Conservative Resurgence, Paige Patterson, would be preaching there next Sunday. I wanted to be sure that you all knew you were invited. I think he's going to be preaching on "Biblical Inerrancy & The Role of Women In The Church." Let me know if you need any help making your flight and hotel reservations.
Alan Carter

Re: Your Personal Invitation

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Alan Carter » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Chances of me even going are remote at best but I thought I would invite you guys.
Alan Carter

Postby Tom Parker » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Alan:

There are a lot of words I could use to describe PP and hero aint one of them.
Tom Parker

Postby Haruo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:43 pm

I may yet make it to Prestonwood, or FBCD, or someplace, is the Cathedral of Hope in Dallas?, since the national Esperanto convention will be there next summer, but the chances of my going to JR's city in order to hear Paige Patterson, or even to see Dorothy, are on the slim side of nil.

But thanks for the invitation.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Alan Carter » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:08 pm

The Cathedral of Hope is indeed in Dallas but I doubt seriously if you would be attending. Its somewhat different from our Baptist churches.
Alan Carter

Postby Sandy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Wow, Paige managed to get an invitation to preach at Prestonwood? Their presentation, image, and "look and feel" usually doesn't extend to old fashioned, doctrine-oriented theologians like Paige. Too many people stay away, and that's not good in a church where the offering plate is the bottom line.
Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Yeah, I am an individual member of AWAB (though this year I think I'm behind on dues), and a partisan of the Evergreen Region of ABC; about 15 years ago (has it been that long?!) I went to MCC Seattle once a month for a year; I attended a Justice Sunday service (that being the Sunday preceding the MLK holiday) at St Mark's Cathedral where Mel White preached (on the centurion and his "servant" from Matthew 8:5-13). Dr. White told me they had an anthem they did in Esperanto at the Cathedral of Hope—yet another potential reason to drop in on them... And the fact that I am currently in the midst of "52 churches in 52 weeks", ranging thus far from Catholic mass and Buddhist Hanamatsuri to LDS sacrament meeting and Ukrainian pentecostal revival should prove that being "somewhat different from our Baptist churches" is unlikely to stop me.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to SBC News and Trends