[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Bachmann and Mohler's FSchaeffer dissected by New Yorker

Bachmann and Mohler's FSchaeffer dissected by New Yorker

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Bachmann and Mohler's FSchaeffer dissected by New Yorker

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:30 pm

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011 ... ntPage=all

Where is Richard Land on this one?

Here is capsule, strong nuggets of the strange pilgrimage of Michelle Bachmann. As has been pointed out before she is a member of a church friendly with the Baptist World Alliance, but it is doubtful she understands how George Truett differs from W.A. Criswell, especialy given her fondness for home schooling material that has strange exegesis of the biblical underpinnings of the Confederacy.

Fresh Air interview today:

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/09/139084313 ... e-bachmann

I'm hoping New Yorker or New Republic next investigation is into the collaborative headset and religious political geography of Jim Demint and Frank Page.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

More on Bachmann Recon World

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:27 pm

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispa ... al_system/

Links galore in article above.

Interesting to navigate for Richard Land, though he has spoken to Reconism before. And for esoterics, interesting territory for Francis Schaeffer's influence on Al Mohler.

How does Charles Pickering define himself in regard this Bachmann territory and his Baptist roots. How much of a poison pill is the world of Bachmann for the Allied Defense Fund?

Stephen Fox

Plodder blog on Bachmann and Submission

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Stephen Fox

Bachmann slideshow in Upstate SC

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:56 pm

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pb ... tpopphotos

Her hair is perfect, but so was the Werewolf on London

Stephen Fox

Does Richard Land have a clear word

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Stephen Fox

Re: Bachmann and Mohler's FSchaeffer dissected by New Yorker

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:54 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:23 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:42 am

GENE S. In my view, the most dangerous terrorist is the one convinced "God commanded me!"[/b] There are 2 kinds of "spiritual voices:" God and Satan. From personal experience I can assure you, Satan is a good vantriloquist at times!!!! He is called "the father of deceit" for good reason!!!![/quote]

Ed: Gene what is a vantriloquist?
Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:49 am

"Ventriloquist:" One who can throw his voice and make the dummy seem real. One of the great illusionists as with Jerry MaHoney and his creator, Paul McCartney!

Yep, I misspelled it! Sorry!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:29 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Ed---you certainly have the right last name = Petty - bone (head)!!!!!

Chill out, man, you knew what I meant---and want on to make it a stupid issue rather than a source of laughter over my Emory University mis-spelling! If Spellcheck worked in this application, I would be depriving you of your seeming great joy!!!!

After all, English is one of the few languages where a dictionary is required to sort out all the ways most English words can be spelled!!!! I can be phonetic and still pass. Given a few years, even Webster's adapts to the new way!!!!

Can I send you some good Bennett Wine, brewed only here in Beaufort County, to ease your nerves and petty-ness?????
Last edited by Gene Scarborough on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:21 pm

With the group of candidates the GOP has in the field right now, I'm thinking that 2012 will be a repeat of 2004, when the Democrats more or less handed an easily beatable George W. Bush a second term by nominating John Kerry. The fringe candidates seem to be the ones moving toward nomination, the mainstreamers, like Huckabee and Pawlenty, are dropping out. The White House must be quite excited over the remaining prospects, given the non-partisan polling data, and they may be able to sink some of their growing pile of resources into taking back some congressional seats for the President after the election.

Bachmann won't get close to the nomination. She's a Sharon Angle/Christine O'Donnell/Sarah Palin clone, and that's the box she'll get put in. Her ridiculous statement the other day about being able to do something about the price of gas probably sunk her for good.
Sandy

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:38 pm

Obama got Osamma-----and that will be the theme of his successful run in 2012!

This last round of Tea Party ignorance will assure few of them get a chance in 2012----how long can government survive with no compromise.

I hear the sharpening of Democratic knives as the President consults with his advisors from Martha's Vinyard. Just that location has JFK written all over it!!!!

AND---how did the Stock Market respond again today to Tea Party madness??????
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Bachmann flames out on abortion in S.C.

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispa ... _flameout/

One of Timothy George's Manhattan Declaration folks caught her in a thicket.

Quite honestly I got lost in the point as well; but George and his MD folks like their esoterics.

Stephen Fox

Return to SBC News and Trends