Two Very "Unique" Pastors

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Two Very "Unique" Pastors

Postby Alan Carter » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 am

About the time that we think we have seen it all, we read stories like these:

First is about a young pastor in Texas: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... rls-987654

Second is about a lesbian pastor in North Carolina: http://www.abpnews.com/content/view/6631/53/

And then we wonder why people think pastors are weird.
Alan Carter

Re: Two Very "Unique" Pastors

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:36 am

WOW!!!!

One is a former Texas Youth Minister who secretly videotaped 3 teen girls cleaning off after a honey bath / the other a lesbian at Pullen Memorial in Raleigh who is unwilling to perform any marriage since NC does not recognize same-sex marriages at this time.

It is a mix of sex and religion, but I think far more highly of the NC Minister who is following the tradition of her church as a frontline mover and shaker on social issues. That same church drew derision as it advocated over race relations some 30 years ago.

So which is worse: a perverted young minister leering via videotape with hidden camera in the girls' locker room / a declared lesbian who has now become Pastor in NC??????

I think a committed same-sex couple is far more preferable. I know I will get heat for the choice, but I'm willing to take it in a changing society. Mind you---I DO NOT APPROVE OF HOMOSEXUALITY, but I am willing to admit it is part of God's Creation, strange as it might seem.

I will leave the ultimate judging to God. If Jesus said NOTHING about homosexuality, then I honor what he said about "love and forgive one another as God forgives you."
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Re: Two Very "Unique" Pastors

Postby Alan Carter » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Personally I wouldn't want a lesbian as my pastor but then I wouldn't want a pedophile as my youth minister. I guess we're running out of choices these days.
Alan Carter

Return to SBC News and Trends