[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Wade Burleson on Multiculturalism

Wade Burleson on Multiculturalism

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Re: Wade Burleson on Multiculturalism

Postby Alan Carter » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Here's about a little party at the White House tonight that I'm sure Wade would enjoy reading about:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 0-05-12-56

And then yet another vacation for Obama:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... ation.html

I can sure think of a good place to start cutting spending--the White House!
Alan Carter

Postby Sandy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Sandy

Postby Alan Carter » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Sorry but I hardly think Obama works on any of his multitudes of vacations. At least Bush's ranch was a working ranch. What else is there to do in Crawford, Texas?

If you can't see that Obama is cuddling up to the Muslims then there is no sense anyone pointing it out to you...

On another note, I'm fixing to go to the Texas Rangers game tonight and sit right behind Nolan Ryan--and I could care less about anything Obama, Pelosi, or any other Democrat is doing. I'll worry about all of that in the morning.

Wish me luck boys!
Alan Carter

Postby Sandy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Sandy

Postby David Montoya » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:17 pm

Wade,

I wonder if the adherents to Islam make vows they cannot keep?

As long as the American Constitution is the law of the land, American does not have to fear sharia law. This is why it is so hard to change/modify or add to the Constitution. I am more fearful of Christian religious leaders and politicians attempting to usurp the Constitution than I am of adherents to Islam!
David Montoya

Postby Haruo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:43 pm

Being a prejudiced-against-Muslims citizen (we have some here) and being President of the United States of America are vastly different. One of the groups this President serves is the American Muslim community and it is simply good statesmanship to respect the world group of Muslims as well. When JFK said, "Ich ben ein Berliner," did anyone accuse him of being a Nazi except Texas idiots???? Neither should idiots be saying "he is a Muslim" when he is trying to indentify with leaders of a most troubled part of this world. When he is in Rome, do as the Romans do for the moment!

You can't be a redneck and President at the same time----unless you are a Texan!!!

Now I have looked at both Bush and Reagan wield a chainsaw / ax as I do. It's all for show boys----all for show. Both those gentlemen could not make it on the farm/ranch for anything. They both have their hair too well-quafed for one thing. Guys who do tree and farm work are sweaty and dirty and don't come to the table until after a good shower in the evening. Ask my wife If you have any questions! Check their hands for calouses as a final determination. A sweaty shirt is the real clue. If anyone can show me a picture of a dirty Republican with sweat and chips all over him, I will gladly change my opinion. Even then, I will look closely to see if it's all over or just sprayed around the edges by a handler.

Some of this discussion is just-----totally naive!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Neil Heath » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:36 am

Jim

Postby Alan Carter » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:54 am

Its such a joy to watch you Democrats rush to the defense of your now defenseless President. He's a joke and you know it and is as pro-Muslim as you can get.

BTW, I went to the Rangers game last night and sat 6 rows behind President and Laura Bush--and thought of you guys the whole time. I know you would have enjoyed it if you had been me.
Alan Carter

Postby Sandy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:22 am

Sandy

Postby Jim » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:00 am

Without reference to any president or any party (Bush did the same thing), the celebration or recognition of Ramadan is a travesty on the country and blasphemy toward God. The Koran is a damnable document created by an illiterate pedophile and mega-polygamist (maybe sex-addicted as per the crazy designation adopted by athletes lately) for the purpose of setting up a cult of murderers to take over as much trade and traffic as possible in Saudi salad days. It’s a direct and heinous insult to the military who die at the hands of people praising a false god and celebrating American deaths in the process. Think Major Hasan at Ft. Hood. Celebrating Ramadan is tantamount to celebrating the slaughter he carried out of defenseless and innocent American citizens as he screamed his praise to Allah. So…the warm-fuzzies and hugs all around for people who dare not deny what their “holy book” says and whose fathers kill their own daughters are okay for the knuckleheaded political correctness crowd but not for me.
Jim

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:09 pm

Jim, rants like yours are pushing the bounds of this forum as far as I'm concerned. As a moderator, I don't see any need to allow such near-slanderous posts to stay here. I suggest you tone things down or see them removed in the future.

It's one thing to be angry, it's another thing to vent all the spleen you possibly can in broad, untrue generalizations of an entire people group. We certainly have no room to point fingers at non-Christians for their bad attitudes and behavior when we exhibit that here as well as you have. Even curmudgeons can be circumspect in their posts if they work at it a bit. :)

Civility of discourse on these fora is not too much to ask and expect.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:17 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:44 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Alan---

If you sat that close to George Bush, why didn't you go down as ask him if he is enjoying his wealth and that of his buddies after a 4 year busted economy has resulted? Ask him if he is advocating jail terms for those who violated the SEC Regulations and cooked books to lure investors to the slaughter. Then, you would have been representing a bunch of us here!

Jim---

I apologize for any insinuation that might be taken as "no Republican really gets sweaty or dirty at real work." I was simply referring to George Bush and Ronald Regan. The latter was a well-trained actor and the former was trying to take his cue, in my opinion. Reagan got out of Iran-Contra because the press just liked him and didn't want the hassle given them over Nixon's illegal activities. Even the press gets weary of being constantly called "liberal liars criticizing such good Republicans." When Rush Limbaugh and his ilk stop their profanity and name-calling, we might just see some better attitudes among the listening public.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Ed: To Neil H. and and Dave R.: While I can agree that Jim C. has a tendency to over state his case regarding Muslims, Keep in mind that Jim and I have disagreed regarding the proposed Mosque in the vicinity of the former WTC. I would much rather see one or the other, or both of you engage him in an attempt to change his biased opinion rather than to issue such heavy handed warning against expressing his opinion as appears above in this thread. Choosing not to engage him in discussion for what ever reason, I believe it would suffice to simply insert a highlighted statement, saying, The opinions stated here by Mr. Clark do not reflect the thought and positions of the the moderating staff of this site.

I honestly think Jim's "rant" has being singled out unfairly it light of other stuff that slides by.
Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:56 pm

I think Neil and David are being most fair, in my opinion.

Just send him a good case of Kosher wine since the meds aren't working---or perhaps good NY fresh grape wine!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Jim » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Jim

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:52 pm

Since I was mentioned as a case in point by Jim, I will take note and try to do better. I am confident he can too. He often makes things interesting and I welcome his input---just under a little more control.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:03 pm

I am on record as opposing bans, and I'm fairly sure if it comes to that I'll vote against banning Jim.

I'll say that as far as I can tell Muhammad was a pedophile in a time and place where pedophilia was the norm, and I'm still waiting for a response on how old Abishag was.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:56 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

PreviousNext