[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Should A Southern Baptist Pastor Be Able To Do This?

Should A Southern Baptist Pastor Be Able To Do This?

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Re: Should A Southern Baptist Pastor Be Able To Do This?

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:36 pm

As Jean Paul Sartre said through the voice of Clemance: "I have had one great love in my life and it was me!!!!"
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:25 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby rfuss » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:41 pm

On the subject of what should a SBC pastor be allowed to do, what about pastors who use their position to sponsor trips to Israel? I have not checked resently, but the pastor used to get a free trip for every three trips the pastor sells. I know a minister who got free trips for his family, other miisters, etc. Of course, those who he influenced into paying the inflated price, were actually also paying for his family, etc.

Should a pastor be able to obtain funds to send his framily and friends to Israel, while using his position, influence, church facilities, and pastoral time?
Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice.
rfuss

Postby Alan Carter » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:49 pm

In reality, I think what a pastor does is up to him and his church--and not a bunch of bloggers.

Of course, once they decide what he can or cannot do, then we decide if we want to be a member of that church or not.
Alan Carter

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby William Thornton » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:30 pm

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Transparent or not---to lead a good trip takes time on the part of the group leader.

John Roberts, editor of the SC Baptist Courier, led a bunch of trips and I went on a special one to Oberamergau. Keeping a bunch of golden oldies together and happy requires more work than you can imagine.

I just wished I had a good affluent church with people who could have afforded it easily----I never did, sad to say.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:20 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Previous

Return to SBC News and Trends