[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Public School Teachers "Done" With SBC and CP??

Public School Teachers "Done" With SBC and CP??

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Public School Teachers "Done" With SBC and CP??

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:49 pm

http://www.religiondispatches.org/archi ... _complete/

In a transcript I hope to have up for you soon a caller from Florida on NPR Diane Rehm show called in this morning identified himself as a former Republican brought to the party by its so called "Christian" values that is now "done" with the whole mess.

His wife is a school teacher. They have come to the conclusion they have been had by the Tea Party consolidation of what has been fomenting for some time.
Bait and switch well documented of the values war as a ruse that has bankrupted their life style.

For that Alan Carter and his ilk will have to read Dochuk and Williams or they can relish their ignorance of the forces that took over the SBC and now threaten the country incarnated in Michelle Bachmann and Eric Cantor.

In Feb 2002 David Currie and Catherine Allen, along with then associate editor of the Alabama Baptist, Mark Baggett, came to Collinsville, Alabama to present in full relief the CBF alternative to the wack jobs that had taken over the SBC and now holding the United States economic future hostage.

A now retired vice chair of the county school board, a deacon, asked: "Why Bring it here."

If the above link doesn't explain it to him..........
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Joe From Lakeland, Fl: "Done"

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Stephen Fox

Re: Joe From Lakeland, Fl: "Done"

Postby Jim » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Jim

Re: Public School Teachers "Done" With SBC and CP??

Postby Sandy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Sandy

Postby Alan Carter » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:14 pm

You can spare the cheap comments about Alan Carter and his ilk. I don't need to read one of your liberal accounts of anything to know what actually happened. Since I was a witness to the CR please don't try to be condescending. You obviously weren't included on anything that mattered.
Alan Carter

Question for Sandy

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Sandy:

What do you make of Fareed ZaKharia (sp) assertion that if you let the Bush tax cuts expire, and Obama goes forward with serious cuts over time (roughly what he offered Boehner last week), the economy would right itself within ten years and the Tea Party current stance would be the laughing stock for serious sober minded American citizens it is roughly seen by many now.

Stephen Fox

Question for Alan Carter

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:21 pm

As for anything that mattered....

Where are the footnotes listing you in David Morgan's Holy Crusader book that was key to the development of Hankins Uneasy in Babylon.

Where is your note from Bill Moyers saying people like you make a difference in regard a contribution to his PBS special God and Politics.

Where are your 8 or so freelance articles in Baptists Today when it mattered about the ties of Pressler and Patterson and Helms and the fundamentalist takeover of the SBC?

And when was the last time you read any book other than the ghost of Adrian Rogers or Ed McAteer or the Birch Society recommended to you.

To paraphrase Vesta in Padgett Powell's Woman Named Drown: Fox Didn't matter, :horse: :horse: :blech: :blech: ????

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Sandy

Re: Question for Sandy

Postby Sandy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Sandy

Postby Alan Carter » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:57 am

Sandy you said it better than anyone I know.

Stephen, please read Sandy's comment. My sentiments exactly.

End of discussion.
Alan Carter

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:00 pm

This is a confusing bunch of mush which is easily made simple by my father's wise observation:

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:50 pm

OK Ed---now what do your propose that should be done to make more sense of current politics????

I say: TERM LIMITS!!! At least they have to be re-bought every 3 terms!!!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:53 am

I totally AGREE, Ed!!!

BUT disclosure has done nothing to stop it. The one entity just uses many other subs to keep on buying our representatives. It is deeply hidden and the sharks wanting re-election ONLY are on a feeding frenzy. My small business is being eaten while large corps / banks / autos have gotten well fed on the shark meat they made most succulent!!!

If we had term limits, then the main goal should be, not re-election, but helping average constituents' voices be heard.

I wrote both my Senators (1 Republican / 1 Democrat) giving them a replay of how my grandfather started coming out of the Depression because FDR wisely started his recovery acts with the most numerous small business in America at the time = family farmers. They all paid their bills. The overloaded food and comodity markets got a year to sell off what they had. Prices came back for my grandfather and he didn't have to starve in the meantime.

They could both care less because I'm not a big contributor---just a thinking small businessman with NOTHING helping me in the last 4 years of political clown acts. This most current one over raising the debt ceiling vs budget cuts is rediculous! A President threatening SS is most real because without more current borrowing we can't meet that deadline.

We are in a war we can't win. We are meddling with every nation we want kissing our Capitalist tail---throwing money at them which needs to be spent here on infrastructure and jobs programs or projects. Welfare is totally out of hand. The current bunch has only 1 thing in mind---getting re-elected!

If they have only 3 terms to do something which might get them elected after a lay off to another 3, then we just might see the log jam break. As long as they bask in the frills and lobbyist cocktail parties inside the beltway of Washington, they have no clue what a real horror you and I are living in these days. Make them come home every 3 terms and walk in our shoes rather than that of perpetual perks they have voted themselves with our tax money---mostly paid by working Americans.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Re: Question for Sandy

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Jim

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Jim---

Welcome to world of the naive American conservative Republican taxpayer!!!

It was the Bush Administration which committed us to war in Iraq where billions are still being spend with no return:

It was Bush whose folks bailed out the auto / finance / bank / insurance industries with billions as well. Why do we not get deep discounts from GM which we still own 31% and used to own 61% until this year????

I bet you still believe in "trickle down economics" as well---so why aren't banks making loans and the Chrysler and GM dealerships giving us taxpayers a break since we bailed their losses into profits----for the Executives who all got large bonuses last year!!!!

Man have you ever been exposed to a great con job from Republican tax cutters---for the rich and corporations only!!!! Smell the roses and please don't tell me, a small business owner, they don't really smell like chicken manure.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Return to SBC News and Trends