[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Gaston Baptist Association (NC) Turmoil

Gaston Baptist Association (NC) Turmoil

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Gaston Baptist Association (NC) Turmoil

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:27 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Re: Gaston Baptist Association (NC) Turmoil

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:39 am

Should the Association be incorporated in NC, the unhappy elements have a friend in the Secretary of State which oversees NC Corporations.

It has no cost involved and is a complaint over corporate activity. Very simple and does not invite any issues over separation of church and state. Most Conservatives want to cite Bible passages about settling arguments between Christian brothers with the 3 steps of---go in private / take others who have witnessed and confront again / finally bring it before the church and cast the offending brother out.

Knowing what has transpired and the heavy-handed tactics used thus far shows little compassion on the part of Conservatives in the Association. In a wider sense the Association would qualify as a "church" in biblical terms.

We will see where it goes from here, but it brings no good public exposure of Baptists in NC.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:39 am

I always thought the list of registered messengers for any associational meeting was a matter of public record that was a part of the minutes of that meeting. Most associations I have served in always put the list of messenger in the annual with the minutes. This whole thing stinks of the closed door politics toward fellow Christians that denies the familial bonds in Christ. It fits the whole tragedy of forced terminations among Baptists and other groups, and Ministering to Ministers Foundation now estimates that 54 Christian ministers are being terminated or forced out of positions every 24 hours. No wonder people aren't interested in participating in churches when they see leaders treated this way. They have already seen how they will be treated. The way Baptists handle terminations says that we really don't believe what the Bible says about being "members of one another." We say, "Bible, Bible, and do not things it says."
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 am

I'm in total agreement, your experience with all Associational Meeting is the same as mine. Irregardless, the list of pastors / church officers / etc. is always published or listed in the Associational Office.

In the N. Roanoke fiasco some years ago, I found pastors meeting secretly / little knowledge by church leaders of the actions / a Fellowship Committee elected do deal with such afraid to confront it. It went on for years before the DOM was forced to retire early. He even had 2 grandaughters they had to be raising not bringing him any mercy whatsoever.

It is the poorest witness to brotherly love I have ever seen--except my 2 forced terminations with secrecy everywhere.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:14 pm

I know all to well about forced terminations--from the inside. Maybe I express a wee bit of latent anger.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:46 pm

It does indeed leave painful memories and unanswered questions, esp. when it comes out of the blue and you had no idea it was coming.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Tim Dahl » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Our DoM got pushed out as well during 2010. No good reason was ever given. I guess it is just a part of Baptist politics. It is one of the reasons I'm stepping out of denominational life. It's becoming hard to give good reasons to be a part of stuff like that.

Tim
Tim L. Dahl
Using my full name since the warning of Banishment... ;)
Tim Dahl

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:05 pm

The Conservative Resurgence are so fixated on their conquest they don't notice the blood shed and rules violated in doing it!!!

The last thing these Bible believing Baptists note is the Pharisees in their "righteousness" killed Jesus--just that simple. They are the new Pharisees of our day.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:27 pm

:censored: I often think that churches that engage in this kind of vicious back-biting and sneaky politics wouldn't recognise Jesus if he walked up to the front door and tried go get in on a typical Sunday morning. This is the sort of :censored: that led to my daughter loosing all interest in the Church. She had good friends who invited her to many youth activites with them, and she saw through the hypocricy of several youth leaders who seemed to have their own agenda. It saddens me that so many who claim to follow Christ are such lousy publicity for Him.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:24 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:33 am

Over at SBC Voices Dave Miller found this evil and offensive because his inerrant Bible has been "DISTORTEDD"---according to him.

Sorry, Dave, but I think some here will agree with it's accuracy for today and for the SBC. You have my permission to share with others. Anyone who can make it more accurate to the Bible text and today---I encourage to "go for it!"
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Return to SBC News and Trends