[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - "Brilliant" Al Mohler sets Evolution "straight"

"Brilliant" Al Mohler sets Evolution "straight"

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Re: "Brilliant" Al Mohler sets Evolution "straight"

Postby Mrs Haruo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:49 pm

I enjoy a watching a good debate too. Particularly when it ain't beating dead horses. :horse:

I'm getting quite a bit of history watching you gentlemen sparring back and forth. Back when all this war broke out in the Southern Baptist Church, I was a member of the Mennonite Bretheren, carpooling with a couple of Baptist moms, taking our kids to a magnet school across town for a couple years, and it was heartbreaking to see the pain it was causing them. Throw in the scandal of the televangelists and a couple buckets of Tammy Faye Baker's mascara and you have a lot of bad publicity for Jesus. :censored:
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:08 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:11 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:57 pm

Carl Kell has been a friend of mine for an number of years. I, too, have an autographed edition of "Exiled." He is a great analyist of the situations, in my opinion.

Sorry about the typos--my spell check does not work on this application. In addition, I am sometimes enjoying a good glass of wine--to which Al would never admit!!!!! The Apostle Paul advocated "a little wine is good for the stomach," but a good Baptist won't go beyond a glass of Welch's grapejuice. I guess that makes me a "bad Baptist."

At the least, our dialogue is interesting and I have been away actually doing trees yesterday and into today. That may prove we all need a diversion from blogging by doing actual work!!!!

Keep up the good responses Ed, et al!!!!! Maybe we will get to the bottom of this analysis of Al Mohler bull tending to do what the CR folks want.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Rachel at Baylor

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:44 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

More Mohler Control cited at Jacksonville FBC conference

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:47 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Neil Heath » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:50 pm

God old Al? :)
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:06 am

I meant to say "Good old Al" ----but what my fingers typed is far more accurate = Excuse my fingers for a "Good old slip!" ---actually telling greater truth!!!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Previous

Return to SBC News and Trends