[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Montoya calls the BGCT shots

Montoya calls the BGCT shots

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Montoya calls the BGCT shots

Postby William Thornton » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:42 am

I don't often start topics here anymore but thought observers here would find David Montoya's latest blog to be worth reading and watching:

Montoya:

My humble blog on that:

The SBC is nothing if not a convention of SBC political pundits.

As the BGCT moves toward being ranked the second largest Baptist state convention, in its own state, it has been interesting to watch the thing unfold.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Leaving the Fold/Nixon in Winder

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Recently I had by happenstance an in person conversation with Ed Babinski, the fellow who published the collection of essays by former fundamentalists who had pilgrimmed to some place different. Joe Barhart and Billy Graham's Gold Dust Twin also testified in the collection.

As much stock as Thornton has in Montoya's career, I can't imagine what is keeping him from getting hold of the valuable collection of essays and doing a review of Montoya's 1988 take on Joe Atchison, Ronnie Floyd and Pressler's manipulations in Arkansas.

I think it was Montoya's Best work. I'm not sure what to make of the report above.

As I attempted to share with David Rogers and David Miller just a few minutes ago at sbcimpact.net, Will Campbell's January, 1977 sermon in Duke Chapel may be instructive for all, Montoya especially. I know I was chastened a little.

Thornton, a public side note. I was recently reading in the latest bio of Jimmy Carter, the one on his days in Georgia ending about 74, that two weeks into his governorship he was in Winder for Dick Russell's funeral. This work has Nixon there on the grounds with Hubert Humphrey and several others, but I thought I read in other places, Nixon never made it to Winder. The weather was so bad he went from Marietta to Charleston and called in a eulogy or some such.

Can you get the local Winder historians to give us a definitive answer?
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to SBC News and Trends