[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Frank Page's SBC: Eisenhower or Demint Republicans

Frank Page's SBC: Eisenhower or Demint Republicans

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

My latest comment at the NY Times

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Frank Page's SBC: Eisenhower or Demint Republicans

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:46 pm

I am a South Caroliniain by birth!

The ONE THING you can guarantee is that SC is the birthplace of schizophrenia! My grandaddy talked like a racist, but loved the black men who worked for him along with their families who lived on the farm. Strom Thurmond kept his pretense and translated it into Republicanism---and then we find he has a child by a black woman after marrying his white beauty queen.

Thank God Strom became Republican after my grandaddy died and even more before he was outed on his love life! I'm not sure grandaddy could have stood it.

MIght as well laugh as to cry at SC Crazy!!!! :oops:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Strom was a friend of Sue Logue

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Before Newt had his arrangement with Calista and Richard Land.

SC Baptists loved Strom then, and They Love Newt Now.

Ed Young be praised!

AhMen

http://www.counterpunch.org/1998/02/15/ ... eamy-past/

And maybe even more interesting the following. I understand Crespino is working on new bio of Strom

http://www.southernspaces.org/2010/scar ... d-monument

Stephen Fox

And the Pickens Co Forerunner House of Prayer

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Gene: I guess it was meant to be. You sign on as associate pastor and me as minister of the Wednesday evening dinner:

http://www.religiondispatches.org/archi ... _carolina/

Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Well, Stephen---

The lady reminds me of my yuppie youngest sister who raised hell in college and is so "righteous" now that her poots don't stink!

Her favorite word is "awsome" and she lives in a $250K house and is in all the social circles of her yuppie sub-division.

For me, it's a total turn off and pretense because she can't seem to find time in her "busy schedule" to visit our 93-year-old mother who just needs family talk and stimulation to keep her from sleeping incessantly.

She sure can jump high in her religiosity, but I'm not sure how straight she walks when she hits the ground.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:43 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Richard Land And Furman in Tandem NPR

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Saturday afternoon. Hear what Land said about Romney needing to be a better Mormon on Abortion issues. Easily googled.

Stephen Fox

Re: Richard Land And Furman in Tandem NPR

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:33 pm

So much for the little gathering a Pressler's ranch, and the influence of those "so-called" leaders on the religious right. Land isn't a mover or shaker in the SBC. The ERLC is a minor post within the convention, with little convention face time and little influence. It is, for all intents and purposes, a small religious lobby office in DC. There are probably few Southern Baptists in the pew who could even tell you what it does or who heads it. And there are fewer still who would consult it to determine who they will vote for. It's mission and purpose is to represent the religious liberty interests of Southern Baptists in Washington, not to endorse candidates for office.
Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:48 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:20 am

Sandy---

When the SBC "religious liberty interest spokesmen" take off their party favoritism, we will have what we used to have pre-1979.

NEVER did the SBC endorse any candidate. Even Billy Graham resisted the temptation to favor any President. He became the spiritual advisor to each during his lifetime.

His son, Franklin, is making some fatal mistakes in many areas. I am told his people and Billy's people are on the same compound in Haiti----and hate one another! I would advise the SBC and Franklin to get away from undue influence for one party or the other and return to advocating for God---no matter who you are!!!!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Gene is badly wrong about Billy Graham

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:14 pm

He speaks from ignorance. A Casual reading of Randall Balmer and Steven Miller would show just how out to lunch GScar is on Graham.
What was Knoxville UT Stadium 1970 two weeks after Kent State.

Nixon has you fooled Gene, as much as he fooled Graham.

To bring it up todate, see my links just up in public policy of how Dense Frank Page is and how Land and Pressler played him once again in South Carolina.

Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:12 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Scarborough said

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Stephen---

You are exactly right on the timing of your sojourn at Furman. My ministry was at Easley and my connection with Furman was our Minister of Music, Dr. Sydney Buckley, who was on faculty and a most gifted soloist and musician.

I have no idea what kind of student or person you were at that time. Right now, you have gone back to Alabama and love big words and pomposity to try and put your point across on most things.

I was quickly trained at Emory and SEBTS to spot pomposity. Part of it I tried---and got busted shooting bull---to which I referred above with Tricky Dicky NIxon.

Too bad you didn't get your pomposity busted at Emory. I suppose Furman tried and failed on that score. Anyway, you make our encounters interesting. If you ever grow away from name-dropping and pomposity, I could respect you, my brother. :)
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Look Scarborough

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:12 pm

You waste my time, Thornton's time, and this board time, with nit picking.
Point is you were wrong about Graham and President and too proud to admit it.

Sid Buckley pretty much became an apologist for Newt Gingrich and the like as I understand it, but I have studied him; but you are right, by reputation had a great baritone voice
For all others who may be interested in the truth about Graham and the Presidents, read Miller. For the rest who can't get enough of Scarborough's Great Grandmother waitin on Civil War Vets downtown Easley in 1867 and 68; stay turned, I'm sure he will give us an update by the end of the day and remind us once again what it meant for the God is Dead Movement at Emory when he was there.

Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:05 pm

It all just sounds like jealousy and envy to me, Stephen---have a good 'Bama night! :)
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Not one thing/Gingrich on a Roll

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:42 pm

Do I envy about the life and times of Gene Scarborough.

Meanwhile Newt just can't get enough

Of That Funky Stuff

Sarah Posner seems to have his number in Florida

Or to put it another way

As that great man of God, Paige Patterson said

This ought to go over as good as that inerrancy thing

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispa ... da_church/

Stephen Fox

My response to Howell Scott on Newt

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Stephen Fox

Santorum and JFK's Houston Speech

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:35 am

http://www.abpnews.com/content/view/7176/9/

Santorum was Pressler's Ranch Consensus candidate the weekend before the S.C. Primary

How much chatter will all this get in your average SBC church this coming Sunday. Sean Hannity spotlighted it with Santorum last night on Fox News; and Rick made mention of the Danbury Baptists and Jefferson

Stephen Fox

Previous

Return to SBC News and Trends