What Good Reason Is There for Closing Comment Sections?

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Re: What Good Reason Is There for Closing Comment Sections?

Postby peter_lumpkins » Thu May 28, 2009 9:00 am

William,

A couple of things to clarify. First, I am under the impression being in ministry for the Lord Jesus Christ is incredibly broader than local church ministry. I have been in faith communities where the only ones "called" were the preachers. I've always appreciated those doing ministry alongside the local church. I hope this helps our sister's question pertaining to my assumed departure from ministry.

As to my anger, I haven't the least regret. There is a time to just do it--not often..not as a pattern--but just doin' it cannot be, in and of itself, blameworthy. If our sister (and other brothers) do not accept such, well, then I am fine with that.

Second, as to my phone number again, let me repeat: I have a listed number. I have never had a not-listed number because I refuse to pay the ridiculous at&t fees.

Indeed I even spent some $$change to make sure right now (just to make sure I wasn't in a 'senior moment') What did I do? I picked up both my verizon cell and my desktop phone and dialed 411. When prompted, I gave city and state and then "Peter Lumpkins." Response? "Thank you. The number is...." I had a $.50 option to get a verizon text message I could send to you and others but I thought that'd be going overboard.

As to why google or 411.com does not give it, I haven't the slightest idea. Frankly, that's the least of my worries today.

With that, I am...
Peter
peter_lumpkins

Re: What Good Reason Is There for Closing Comment Sections?

Postby T. D. Webb » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:02 am

Having been absent from BaptistLife.Com for some months, tonight, I came across this dialogue between a good friend and Peter Lumpkins. Now, it goes without saying that I cannot claim substantial objectivity as to who I believe presents the most tenable position on the issue here. Nevertheless, it should be clear to any objective person as to who took the high road and who took the low road in the exchange between Wade and Peter. That said, from the first to the last "I am" in this thread, we have incontrovertible evidence to illustrate how a supercilious attitude can disintegrate into ballistic histrionics. Peter. . .get help.

In His Grace and Peace,
T. D. Webb

"The first to plead his case seems right, until another comes and examines him." (Proverbs 18:17)
T. D. Webb

Previous

Return to SBC News and Trends