[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - John Killian's Valkyrie Lessons for Humanity

John Killian's Valkyrie Lessons for Humanity

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

John Killian's Valkyrie Lessons for Humanity

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:13 pm

http://johnkillian.blogspot.com/2009/01 ... anity.html

My friend Killian seems to be a little slack on his Marsh and the Movie the Reader Interpretations here.

Love to see what Bdid and Mark and all of you make of it.

My friend Killian is VP of the Alabama Baptist Convention, so how he interprets Bhoeffer should interest us all.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: John Killian's Valkyrie Lessons for Humanity

Postby Jonathan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:23 pm

"There is a simple way to get corporate money out of politics: get the government out of our lives and economic affairs. If government has no favors to sell, no one will spend money trying to win them." - John Stossel
Jonathan

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Southern Paul Simmons and UVA's Charles Marsh have a clearer understanding of what led to Hitler and how a similar sentiment cauterized the SBC of the 60's than Timothy George's abominable ERLC pamphlet of 93, John Killian and his fellow apologists at his blog.

The Shoah chapter in
http://www.foyles.co.uk/display.asp?K=9 ... n-Jim-Crow

is educational for you and John Killian and the ghost of Adrian Rogers.

It is where your version of the theology of Hitler's rise is weak and Marsh is much stronger.

Stephen Fox

Postby Jonathan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:53 pm

"There is a simple way to get corporate money out of politics: get the government out of our lives and economic affairs. If government has no favors to sell, no one will spend money trying to win them." - John Stossel
Jonathan

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:06 pm

If you or others can make time to Read the Shoah Chapter in Jumpn Jim Crow, we can go from there.
If not then I guess we have reached an impasse.

I do hope, however you will see the Movie The Reader.

Page 35 at this site may help, the Shoah and Southern History by Nell Irvin Painter.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ibsI6D ... lt#PPA9,M1

Advance the discussion

Stephen Fox

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:34 pm

A belief in evolution or a Christian theology that is "liberal" does not lead one to to support a "superior race" and ultimately mass genocide. Given what Killian has implied, you'd think that a sizable percentage of theological liberals and folks who don't reject evolution would be fascists who don't like blacks, jews and gays and desire a superior race. Oddly enough, those who do dislike blacks, jews, gays and desire a superior race come from the other side of the political and theological aisle. In particular, the Christian Identity crowd probably rejects evolution too. That's a safe bet.

Killian's guilt by association tactic is um, not scholarly. I thought it was funny that Killian refers to himself as an "editor"

You're a blogger, dude. Proof-reading your own movie reviews does not make you an editor....
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Ed: Fox when you say "Southern Paul Simmons ..." what are you saying? Paul hasn't been at southern for at least a decade. He has taught in the University of Louisville Med School for most of that time. He was also instrumental in the start up of the Baptist Seminary at Lexington, KY.
Ed Pettibone

The Greater point

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:17 pm

EdP, one I hope you wil focus on is the obfuscation and misuse of Bonhoeffer. I hope you will explore that and add some insight if you can.
I think Paul Simmons from Exiled and other places will forever be known best from his ordeal at Southern Seminary.

Stephen Fox

Return to SBC News and Trends