Condi Rice

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Condi Rice

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:14 pm

Nice speech. Articulate lady. Well received. Not near the security disruptions I expected.

One of her biggest applause lines, paraphrased: "If I serve out my term, there will not have been a white male Secretary of State for 12 years."
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Condi Rice

Postby T. D. Webb » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:26 pm

William Thornton wrote:Nice speech. Articulate lady. Well received. Not near the security disruptions I expected.

One of her biggest applause lines, paraphrased: "If I serve out my term, there will not have been a white male Secretary of State for 12 years."

Technically, she is incorrect . . . There have been many caucasion, but NO "white" Secretaries of State in the history of our Nation . . . which reminds me of an "out of the mouths of babes" remark this Okie heard a few years ago. When the mother (and personal friend) began explaining to her 6 year old son that he was not a "Negro", he responded with the question, "What am I then?" His mother said, "You are black", to which the son replied, "No, I'm not!" His mother asked him, "Then what are you?" The little boy beamed as he proudly replied, "I'm beige!" :lol:

In His Grace and Peace,
T. D. Webb

"The first to plead his case seems right, until another comes and examines him." (Proverbs 18:17)
T. D. Webb

Return to SBC News and Trends