[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - SBC meeting...

SBC meeting...

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

SBC meeting...

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:40 pm

...my first in several years...me and a bunch of others apparently...heard the motel clerk tell several folks no rooms at any inns because of a big convention.

I passed on most of the pastor's conference...may go to some tonight. I'll leave before Ed Young preaches. He's a high powered guy but not my type.

Of all the issues, what concerns me is:

1. The near meltdown at NAMB. Some news reports say that more fallout is expected from this but I don't know what it might be, other than some chastisement from messengers during NAMB's report. I don't know who will give the report, I'd guess interim prez roy fish would have some role, but NAMB has just about lost my trust.

2. I don't see the conv. fixing anything at the imb at the meeting. I don't support Burleson's motion. Look for the bloggers to do some major league whining if it fails...look for threats to take our football and go home as well. I still don't know if there are more than the few dozen bloggers who blog to each other.

3. I plan to vote for Frank Page...imagine...a candidate who actually addresses the issues that face Southern Baptists. Rev. zero point two seven? Not for such a time as this, coach. Sutton? Too little, too late. [Did you see Pressler's photo? Old. The torch, such as it is, is about to be passed.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: SBC meeting...

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:29 pm

Mark

Postby T. D. Webb » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:32 pm

T. D. Webb

"The first to plead his case seems right, until another comes and examines him." (Proverbs 18:17)
T. D. Webb

Postby T. D. Webb » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:08 pm

T. D. Webb

"The first to plead his case seems right, until another comes and examines him." (Proverbs 18:17)
T. D. Webb

Postby pjerwin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:58 pm

Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby T. D. Webb » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:21 pm

T. D. Webb

T. D. Webb

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:00 am

Having login problems...

Hmmm, Richard Land live...pretty good.
Roy Moore's book is on sale at LifeWay...practically giving it away.
Lunch with Rob Marus...incognito...

Didn't hear Joyce R. or EY, Tom.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Morris Chapman's SBC Message

Postby T. D. Webb » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:34 am

Morris Chapman, the SBC Excecutive Committee's Chairman, just finished a message urging the SBC to stop the further narrowing of doctinal parameters beyond the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message. Stopped several times with applause during his remarks, Chapman appears to be in agreement with Ed Young, and Joyce Rogers. . .and Wade Burleson (along with several others).

The "Bloggers" that this Okie has read are hopeful, but will not be surprised if the problems confronting the IMB, the NAMB, and other entities of the SBC are not "fixed" during this convention. However, the issues are being addressed, and the winds of change are blowing. Optimism abounds that, in time, the Lord will be glorified in leading the SBC to get back to making "the main thing". . .THE MAIN THING! Hopefully, Morris Chapman's reference to the old hymn will be the theme of consensus for SBC'ers in the near future . . . "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness!"

In His Grace and Peace,
T. D. Webb

T. D. Webb

Postby pjerwin » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:38 am

Great address by Morris Chapman, but Charles Kelley of NOBTS has GOT to get a new haircut. :lol:
Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby pjerwin » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:54 am

Wow! Yet another woman speaking at the SBC -- and leading in prayer, no less. AND it looks like she did so from the lecturn as the men! This must be a banner year! This has never happened before, right?
Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby pjerwin » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:24 am

Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby T. D. Webb » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:52 am

T. D. Webb

T. D. Webb

Return to SBC News and Trends