I had this horrible nightmare...

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

I had this horrible nightmare...

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:19 pm

... the other evening... in which BL.Com had been revamped into a macabre soap opera... It was something like a cross between the old "Peyton Place" and "Dark Shadows"... Except the family mansion once known as "Collinswood" was now known as "Collinsville"... And Bruce, in a weak moment of temporarily diminished cognitive processing, having been engulfed by all the stress, turned AN ENTIRE FORUM over to a Mid-America Seminary graduate... something we know he would never rationally do, this being a moderate site and all... Finally, there was something said about Paige Patterson and "parity"... Wait... It wasn't a dream!.. YIKES!!... :o

Mostly TIC... And congratulations, anyway, William... :) 8)
Mark

Re: I had this horrible nightmare...

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:42 pm

Mark wrote:... the other evening... in which BL.Com had been revamped into a macabre soap opera... It was something like a cross between the old "Peyton Place" and "Dark Shadows"... Except the family mansion once known as "Collinswood" was now known as "Collinsville"... And Bruce, in a weak moment of temporarily diminished cognitive processing, having been engulfed by all the stress, turned AN ENTIRE FORUM over to a Mid-America Seminary graduate... something we know he would never rationally do, this being a moderate site and all... Finally, there was something said about Paige Patterson and "parity"... Wait... It wasn't a dream!.. YIKES!!... :o

Mostly TIC... And congratulations, anyway, William... :) 8)

Bruce's problem is that he never wasted a lot of time by watching soap operas.

wm, for some years an SBC conservative renegade
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: I had this horrible nightmare...

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:26 pm

William Thornton wrote:wm, for some years an SBC conservative renegade...

Just keep referring to Don Hinkle or Russ Moore, and you'll be back in good Fundy standing in no time. Either one of that pair is but one notch removed from our long-departed friend Moz. :wink:
Mark

Return to SBC News and Trends