Sutton on the Cooperative Program...mods fault?

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Re: Hurrah for Bruce

Postby Bruce Gourley » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:06 pm

Haruo wrote:
T. D. Webb wrote:By the way, Bruce, I continue to be impressed with your administration of this message board. Additionally, thanks for allowing an interloper such as this itinerant Okie the liberty of expressing views with which you and several others here do not agree on occasion :) . This openness to dissent is becoming a rare commodity on many message boards these days. Thank you for setting an admirable standard in this regard.

I quite agree.

Haruo

I'm just trying to be a good old fashioned Baptist and allow for diversity in this little corner of the world of Baptists ... the more I learn about our history, the more I realize how diversity has always been a part of who Baptists are as a people of faith.

:)
Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby pjerwin » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:51 pm

And all of this regarding Charles Stanley has WHAT to do with the Cooperative Program. There seems to be a pattern on this forum.
Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:38 pm

pjerwin wrote:And all of this regarding Charles Stanley has WHAT to do with the Cooperative Program. There seems to be a pattern on this forum...

Although Charles Stanley, Jerry Vines, and other Fundamentalist SBC presidents had abyssmal Cooperative Program records when elected, moderates were widely criticized at the time for calling attention to this fact.
Mark

Postby pjerwin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:17 pm

And...
Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Postby David Flick » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:26 am

Mark wrote:
pjerwin wrote:And all of this regarding Charles Stanley has WHAT to do with the Cooperative Program. There seems to be a pattern on this forum...

Although Charles Stanley, Jerry Vines, and other Fundamentalist SBC presidents had abyssmal Cooperative Program records when elected, moderates were widely criticized at the time for calling attention to this fact.

Mark, the fundies widely criticized the moderates about virtually everything. :x The takeover is the results of the criticism.
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby pjerwin » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:57 am

WAITAMINUTE! On that other thread I was led to believe that the "takeover" was the result of rumors. What's the truth?
Scott Erwin,
Small Soul
pjerwin

Previous

Return to SBC News and Trends