Burleson Endorses Frank Page

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Burleson Endorses Frank Page

Postby T. D. Webb » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:56 am

Today, Wade Burleson endorsed Frank Page of South Carolina (whose hometown is in Greensboro) for the Presidency of the Southern Baptist Convention. In conveying his support to Page, Wade said in part:

"Frank Page is supported by those who believe that it is time for our convention to be led by people who support the Cooperative Program. His church, giving over 12% to the CP and a record dollar amount in the history of the South Carolina Conveniton, is a model of CP support.

For that reason alone, and trusting in his personal pledge to me to appoint a broad section of Southern Baptists, I believe Frank Page is the best candidate of the three.

I am grateful our convention has a choice this year.

It should be interesting." (Grace and Truth to You, Tuesday, June 6, 2006)

In His Grace and Peace,
T. D. Webb

"The first to plead his case seems right, until another comes and examines him." (Proverbs 18:17)
T. D. Webb

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:08 am

All the bloggers (save for a few Floyd types that have attempted to remove the 0.27% ball-and-chain that is fastened to their guy) go for Page. The calvinist bloggers hold their nose while doing it though.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby T. D. Webb » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:40 am

William Thornton wrote:All the bloggers (save for a few Floyd types that have attempted to remove the 0.27% ball-and-chain that is fastened to their guy) go for Page. The calvinist bloggers hold their nose while doing it though.

Your implcation that "calvinist bloggers" possess a sort of ultra-sensitive sense of smell is an old wive's tale, William, not that there is anything wrong with having "hyper-nasal syndrome" :wink: . From what this Okie knows of the man (which is very, very little), though in the recent past he demonstrated an abysmal lack of understanding concerning classic "reformed" Christian doctrine, Page appears to be open to cooperating with Southern Baptists of all stripes (even those with the "Sweet William scent", my friend :) !) In any case, the Messengers will have a choice.

By the way. . .My sincere congratulations, William, on being selected as the Moderator of this new forum. The confidence which Bruce Gourley and the other Moderators have expressed in you is very well-placed. Thanks for accepting the responsibility.

In His Grace and Peace,
T. D. Webb

"The first to plead his case seems right, until another comes and examines him." (Proverbs 18:17)
T. D. Webb

Return to SBC News and Trends