Welcome to the New SBC Trends Forum

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Welcome to the New SBC Trends Forum

Postby Bruce Gourley » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:04 pm

Welcome to the latest BaptistLife.Com forum, the "SBC Trends Forum." Discussion of the transitions and changes taking place in the SBC life today is welcome. Longtime BaptistLifer and SBC pastor William Thornton is the Moderator of this forum.
Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Michael » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:45 pm

So are BL.com moderators required to give their last names? Something in BL.COM 2K? :P

William, enjoy the vast pay and benefits of this lofty position..... :D
Michael
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
"Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven."
Michael

Postby David Flick » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:02 am

Michael wrote:So are BL.com moderators required to give their last names? Something in BL.COM 2K? :P

No, Michael, it's probably not "required" that moderators give last names. But in a spirit of openness we feel it's a positive for BaptistLife users to know that we do have last names and that we aren't posting anonymously.

By BL.COM 2K standard, William will do a marvelous job moderating the new forum. Of the moderating team, he's the only Southern Baptist. We now have moderators in New York, Iowa, Oklahoma, and now Georgia. Of course, Bruce is currently living in Georgia, but he's the owner. I'd say we're covering a lot of territory in BaptistLife in the USofA. :thumb:
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:53 am

Good idea. About time, I'd say. I'm looking forward to this.

Haruo
still not SBC
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby T. D. Webb » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:39 am

Bruce, this is a great move! Thanks! William is just the ticket to keep the SBC friendly (and a few not so friendly :wink: ) folks around here, including this Okie, on topic and somewhat civil. . .though I may have a suggestion to ponder: What with all of the confusion concerning labels that continually get pinned on Baptists with different persuasions, instead of calling William a "Moderator", don't you think a better title would be "William, the Con. . .servator"? :lol:

In His Grace and Peace,
T. D. Webb

"The first to plead his case seems right, until another comes and examines him." (Proverbs 18:17)
T. D. Webb

Return to SBC News and Trends