[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - The SBC's "Annus Horribilis"

The SBC's "Annus Horribilis"

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

The SBC's "Annus Horribilis"

Postby Sandy » Sat May 26, 2018 2:55 pm

http://sbcvoices.com/2018-may-be-the-sb ... orribilis/

I have always considered it a blessing to have had Latin as part of my educational experience. The terminology is so descriptive and colorful.

WIlliam needs to put more of his SBC Voices stuff over here. I would say he does a good job of capturing the collective thinking in the SBC these days, maybe a bit understated, salted with a bit of sarcasm.
Sandy

Re: The SBC's "Annus Horribilis"

Postby Haruo » Sat May 26, 2018 7:55 pm

I'm drawing a blank on Rick Patrick's profuse apology.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Roosted Chickens

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat May 26, 2018 7:58 pm

Paige Patterson is a master of mendacity. I could say a lot but the Birch Society was there all along in the takeover and it dismays me a fellow as bright and articulate as Thornton didnt see that 40 years ago. Thornton said he was with Paige as SBC convention speaker until the SEBTS rape complicity allegation. I
I dont know.

Yall do know how I feel. Its in the SBC Meacham Bush Blog of three weeks ago if anybody wants to click over, complete with references to UNC Chancellor Bill Friday, Bill Moyers, Ellen Ferguson, Neal Rodgers, Tom Edsall and a host of others most of you have come to know through my introduction over the years.

To paraphrase Mick Jagger in Gimmee Shelter: Rape Murder, its just a click away. Its just a click away.
J
Jeremiah Wright lives on
Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Sat May 26, 2018 8:26 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Sat May 26, 2018 10:09 pm

I see. I missed all that, or it blended into the Patterson narrative to where I didn't realize it was there.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to SBC News and Trends