St. Lottie

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

St. Lottie

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:49 pm

Today is the feast day of Ss. Lottie Moon and Henry Budd in the Episcopal calendar of saints.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Re: St. Lottie

Postby William Thornton » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Curious. I'll have to see what the story is on Lottie.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Haruo wrote:Today is the feast day of Ss. Lottie Moon and Henry Budd in the Episcopal calendar of saints.

Ed: Sounds like Fox sans even an attempt at a link.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Sorry, Ed, I don't have a link other than the Holidays and Observances at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_22. As for the 'story', she was a Southern Baptist missionary to China, engaged at one point to a Toy. But then you knew that...
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Haruo wrote:Sorry, Ed, I don't have a link other than the Holidays and Observances at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_22. As for the 'story', she was a Southern Baptist missionary to China, engaged at one point to a Toy. But then you knew that...

Ed: Of course I did. Her desk and a larger than life portrait of her was on prominent display in the main hall of the Honeycutt Center at SBTS when Bruce G, and I where students. The the display was across the hall but near the Dillard Chapel where Trudy and where married in the first wedding conducted in that facility. :) Bill Tuck's wife Emily was at the wedding which was officiated by Dr. Tom Smother see I can almost do the fox thing too. but I know/knew these people.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:05 am

Ed Pettibone wrote:Her desk and a larger than life portrait of her was on prominent display in the main hall of the Honeycutt Center at SBTS when Bruce G, and I where students. The the display was across the hall but near the Dillard Chapel where Trudy and where married in the first wedding conducted in that facility. :) Bill Tuck's wife Emily was at the wedding which was officiated by Dr. Tom Smother see I can almost do the fox thing too. but I know/knew these people.

Obviously one needn't be a Romanist to go in for the veneration of saints' relics! ;)
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Haruo wrote:
Ed Pettibone wrote:Her desk and a larger than life portrait of her was on prominent display in the main hall of the Honeycutt Center at SBTS when Bruce G, and I where students. The the display was across the hall but near the Dillard Chapel where Trudy and where married in the first wedding conducted in that facility. :) Bill Tuck's wife Emily was at the wedding which was officiated by Dr. Tom Smother see I can almost do the fox thing too. but I know/knew these people.

Obviously one needn't be a Romanist to go in for the veneration of saints' relics! ;)

Ed: I would quibble that collection and display of relics is not veneration of the relic but of the person or persons with whom they are associated. And doing so is an important aid to recalling our history.
Ed Pettibone

Return to SBC News and Trends