[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Mohler and Russ Moore discuss Wheaton and One God

Mohler and Russ Moore discuss Wheaton and One God

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Mohler and Russ Moore discuss Wheaton and One God

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:36 pm

http://www.npr.org/2015/12/20/460496144 ... n-theology

I heard this on NPR yesterday. I think Russ Moore is one slick individual, we have a little history that goes back to late 90's when he came to Bama to enlarge the takeover to the State Conventions and took a swipe at my friend Vicki Covington who was a visiting writer at Samford at the time.

But I do give Moore credit for making a strong point at the end of this conversation yesterday.

But the Yale fellow has the larger point about how some are taking these conversation and inflaming fundamentalists across traditions for political benefit.

Moore is a moderate voice on the matter now that he has a platform after the takeover. The test for him will be his public witness to folks like Yellowhammer media nd Crawford Broadcasting, Rick and Bubba all in Bama with strong connection to Alabama SBC; and to Franklin Graham of the BGEA, Billy's boy
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Mohler and Russ Moore discuss Wheaton and One God

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:55 pm

Ed Pettibone

On this one

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:02 pm

I don't think Ed and I disagree very much. I said the arc of Moore's career has been slimey, but I thought he had a point at the end.

But here is a point that trumps Moore

http://religiondispatches.org/embattled ... ical-fear/
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to SBC News and Trends