[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - BL.com member Dave Miller elected SBC 2nd VP

BL.com member Dave Miller elected SBC 2nd VP

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Re: BL.com member Dave Miller elected SBC 2nd VP

Postby Tom Parker » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:26 pm

BDW:

Maybe the Calvinists will use something like the CR takeover to get their way. For sure life is always interesting in the SBC.
Tom Parker

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:07 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm personally more sympathetic to the Calvinists and their coalition that includes non-Calvinists. Many of the Traditionalists just come across as mean-spirited, old-style fundamentalists.

I think there's a sense among some moderate Baptists that this coalition could pivot back to the center in a way and pursue a truly compassionate conservatism that is not hyper-partisan, not consumed with a right-wing agenda. Look at a Calvinist like David Platt. Younger guy. What's not to like about him? Look at Mohler. He's trying to chart a different but still conservative course on homosexuality. And listen to Frank Page and Bryant Wright, they are tired of the rancor and want to pursue an intentional diversity. There is more of an evangelical ecumenical flavor this group - something that the Jonathan Merritts of the SBC are drawn toward.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

to BDW's Mix, Add

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 am

www.ginnybrant.com ; Harry Dent's daughter.

Ginny's family was close to the family of Wake Forest President Nathan Hatch, growing up in Columbia S.C. In fact in her recent book Ginny says Nathan's Dad Buck Hatch was her Mother's mentor, as her Mother became something of a lay Bible Scholar post Watergate.

BDW, even more so, Dr. Thorton, will want to take a strong look at page 622 and following in Diarmaid McCulloch's magisterial History of Christianity. Grounded in the History of the intermingling of Anabaptists, Zwingli and Calvin that morphs into the resolution at Torda, could add substance to any near Forum at Baylor framed by BDW above. I just hope they invite Ginny to sit with Merritt and Bryant Wright.

One fellow we all oppose is Nelson Price and the junk he is doing to Shorter. I hope BDW will join me in challenging Merritt, Wright and Ginny to read Giberson and Stephen's The Anointed.

Stephen Fox
Collinsville, Al

Oh, and do help me keep track of David Miller to see how he is coming along with his remedial reading list.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Miller and Inerrancy

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:36 pm

I hope BDW picks up the cause here as I understand him to still have access to SBCVoices on occasion.

Hope Miller and Thornton would have the integrity to link and parse Richard Kremer's sermon on Inerrancy that is now part of the conversation re Shorter College future at www.saveourshorter.com

Miller may want to post the www.abpnews.com story on same as well!!!

Stephen Fox

Stafford Durham and Inerrant Takeover History for Dave Mille

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:37 pm

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archi ... eopar.html

Was recently reading about Durham in Grady Cothen's takeover book and wondering if David Miller and his friend Joe Blackmon had any updates in light of the Kremer sermon on inerrancy?

Stephen Fox

Previous

Return to SBC News and Trends