[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Evergreen Caucus & Consensus YouTubes

Evergreen Caucus & Consensus YouTubes

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

Evergreen Caucus & Consensus YouTubes

Postby Haruo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Two new YouTubes describe the Evergreen Region's ethnic-caucus structure and consensus-based decision-making process:

Caucuses:

Consensus:
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Evergreen Caucus & Consensus YouTubes

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Haruo, you mentioned lack of interest. Sorry, It just may be a case of you and Mrs. H. being the only folks from that region on the forum.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:26 am

Yeah, perhaps I should have posted them in the general forum. I'm interested in reactions, even indifference if openly stated. Even reflections on the Wesleyan experience in bringing diverse voices out of the woodwork to the table (since largely what Evergreen is about is overcoming the old-white-men legacy of Robert's Rules of Order, which most of our (Eurocaucus) churches have followed as if it were close to Canonical
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:00 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:08 am

Hauro, I will take a look at it some time today. I also have my doubts about Roberts Rules. It always creates winners and loser and sometimes the losers are just one or two votes shy of the majority so that nearly half of everyone is unhappy with the decision.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:04 am

Is there ever the possibility with a divisive issue----to make no formal decision and give it time to find its own place in society? :?
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Huaro, I watched both of the videos. It was nice to see a few familar faces. :D I served on a committee with Yosh when he was VP of the ABC.

I like the consesus model and, in principle, I like the caucus idea. But I wonder how it works if you get people in your association that don't fit one of the three caucuses? And does every decision have a Euro, Asian, and Black element? Maybe I'd know the answer to those questions if I understood the system better. I just know the overview of the video.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:07 pm