It is offical

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

It is offical

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:43 pm

I am back on the ABCNYS Board of Missions. When we left the Adirondack Association I had to to give up my seat on that Board. When i was asked to take up an unexpired term in the Capital Area I felt comfortable in that, a. I know something of how the board works and b. I am acquainted with many of the folk in the Capital Area from when Trudy served as an interim at Latham. And c. It gives me an entree to some of the ABC churches in this area with Black pastors. Most of those are also affiliated with one or another of the predominantly black groups However in our association we have at least one Black pastor who is in a predominantly white church and is ABC only. Today I attended the Boards last meeting of 2010 and was formally accepted by that body, the Association have recommended me at our meeting two weeks ago.

I was delighted that despite some HEAVY snow 3 to 4 foot in the western part of the state and 2 ft, in the Tug Hill Plateau area N.Central Almost every one showed up today. No more absenteeism than in the best of weather. I had a few flurries for about 80 miles of the 125 Mile trip each way. At on spot I was about 70 miles south of the 2 foot stuff and later about 120 miles east of the 3 & 4 foot stuff. We do not have any here. The most I saw in the fields was about three inches. Most places had just a trace to an inch. Around Buffalo some people where stranded in their cars for from 8 to 12 and 18 hours. Two pastors from near Buffalo said they have never seen the Interstate (I-90) closed for more than just a few hours before this.

We are praising the Lord that that after at least 4 years we have finally sold two pieces of a church's property ( the Church Building and the Parsonage) which we inherited long after the church there disbanded. Our interim Exec Minister is doing a great job of shepherding us through our transition.
Ed Pettibone

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum