[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - ABC-USA Yearbooks

ABC-USA Yearbooks

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

ABC-USA Yearbooks

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:14 pm

A couple of questions that maybe someone here can answer.

The Southern Baptist Convention puts out an annual each year which includes various committee reports and minutes from the SBC's proceedings, financial info, etc.

American Baptists had their own annual titled Yearbook of the American Baptist Churches. It appears that ABC-USA stopped putting out a yearbook sometime between 1998-2000 (I'd have to check my records for the last date). I realized this during my visit to ABHS. Does the Yearbook now go under a different name or how have American Baptists gained access to the reports of the various boards and ministries in recent years?

I've been slowly acquiring the old Yearbooks via Interlibrary Loan and scanning the reports of the General Board and National Ministries for my dissertation research. Now, I need to track down the most recent reports of the past decade. I asked a staff person while at ABHS and did not really get an answer - this person thought that ABC-USA stopped putting out the Yearbook due to financial considerations.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Re: ABC-USA Yearbooks

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:29 am

Ed: Aaron, Friday and Saturday I attended a ABCNYS pastors and Mission advocates meeting where a couple folk from Vally Forge where participating and I asked about the "Yearbooks". I was told that Indeed the publication of such was halted around the turn of the century. And that to obtain the type of information that had been available in that single source one must now request it from each reporting entity, and that with restructuring. One can not always make a direct correlation between specific periods of time. I am sure that is not what you wanted to hear, but it is as close as I can come to a definitive answer to your question.
Ed Pettibone

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum