For David Flick, RE:Murrow in Muscogee

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

For David Flick, RE:Murrow in Muscogee

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Ed: David, as a side trip to a podiatry appointment at the Albany VA, Trudy and I took a carload of Books to Trudy's new office at the Burnt Hills Church today, the office was quite bare, two chairs, a desk two file cabinets and some built in book shelves. But on one of the file cabinets was one of those little flexible magnets like many of us have on out home refrigerators. This one was for the MURROW INDIAN CHILDREN;;S HOME.

What can you tell us about this ministry of ABC in OK?
Ed Pettibone

Re: For David Flick, RE:Murrow in Muscogee

Postby David Flick » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:31 am

Ed Pettibone wrote:Ed: David, as a side trip to a podiatry appointment at the Albany VA, Trudy and I took a carload of Books to Trudy's new office at the Burnt Hills Church today, the office was quite bare, two chairs, a desk two file cabinets and some built in book shelves. But on one of the file cabinets was one of those little flexible magnets like many of us have on out home refrigerators. This one was for the MURROW INDIAN CHILDREN;;S HOME.

What can you tell us about this ministry of ABC in OK?

Ed, the Murrow Indian Children's Home is located on the campus of the Bacone College Campus (#24 on this map). The home was founded in 1902. I once had several photos of the home can't locate them at the moment. Here are four photos that I found on the internet. Here's an article from National Ministries which gives a fair description of the home. I drive by the location every time I attend a Bacone College trustees meeting. That's about the best I can do on short notice...
David Flick
Site Admin

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum