[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Sunday School Curriculum and midweek activities

Sunday School Curriculum and midweek activities

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

Sunday School Curriculum and midweek activities

Postby Mrs Haruo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:42 pm

What are your favorite Sunday School Curricula and why? Do you have organized activities for youth beyond Sunday School? Do your churches sponsor Scout troops? ABW girls groups? Awana????

We are hoping to attract more families with children to our church, and if there is something in place already going for kids to do, even if it is only our few kids to start, its more likely that a visiting family might want to return. Back when I I had small children and had dropped out of one church due to a fundamentalist takeover ( not a Baptist church, either!!) my kids were invited by a mom in our school carpool to join an AWANA group. My son loved his "sparks" group, but my older daughter hated her group-- all the memorization was "Just more homework, Mom!"-- she was in a rigorous academic program at her magnet school, and wanted to have FUN in the evening, not "More Homework"
The Nazarene Church, which we began attending later that year, we found to be a place of loving acceptance, and my son loved the Nazarene Caravans club, which is patterned after Scouts or Campfire, with badges to earn for life skills and hobbies, and learning about famous people in the history of the denomination. I'd like to see something like that for the American Baptist church, even if I have to write it myself.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Re: Sunday School Curriculum and midweek activities

Postby Haruo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:24 am

(American Baptist churches, she means. ;-) )
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:56 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Mrs Haruo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:43 pm

ABC- ABCUSA WHATEVER......lets not argue about semantics, I'm looking for information!!!!!! :(
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:22 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Mrs Haruo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:58 am

Ed-- that is a great resource! Thank you!!! To quote Betty Davis "I'd love to kiss ya, but I just washed ma hair!" :wink:
Mrs Haruo

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:02 am

Ed; But Sadly :( :roll: Mark has posted on the BF&P board that S&H has discontinued their series for children. He does offer another alternative that I have seen but have not used.

We only have three children and Trudy writes her own material for them, as well as using some of the stuff she used to write for the Greater Cincinnati Character Council.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Neil Heath » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:35 pm

I think Mercer Press is coming out with a line of children's SS material. I know the author, and it is very good stuff. Don't know when it's coming out, it may already be out.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum