[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Unicode MY

Unicode MY

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

Unicode MY

Postby Haruo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:05 pm

I've just installed Burmese Unicode fonts (and a Tavultesoft Home User keyboard) so that hopefully I can learn a little of the language and perhaps be of use to our local (Regional) resettlement efforts. At the moment, my contribution to the Burmese is mostly in Esperanto and a little bit in English; with luck and divine guidance working hand-in-glove (or glove-on-hand, perhaps theologically better) this may change.

I am told this font will also accommodate Karen (both Sgaw and Pwo), so hopefully I can do that, too.

In the meantime, I'm interested in knowing what viewers of this page (assuming most of you don't have Burmese Unicode fonts installed on your computers) see where I wrote (which is ). It should look like the legend on this logo:
my-wikipedia.PNG
(the second line means "the free encyclopedia")
my-wikipedia.PNG (22.85 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
but I'm guessing some of you see mere boxes or spaces or question marks, and some perhaps see little domino-shaped items with four letters or numbers inside...
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Unicode MY

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:11 pm

ED: Haruo, the last guess is what I see. Here is a copy "I'm interested in knowing what viewers of this page (assuming most of you don't have Burmese Unicode fonts installed on your computers) see where I wrote ဝီကီပိဒိယ ".
Ed Pettibone

Re: Unicode MY

Postby Haruo » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:00 am

Thanks, Ed, I take it you mean you see little rectangles with alphanumeric symbols inside 'em...

Looking at it from the computer at work, I just see square unadorned boxes. Which tells me my employer doesn't understand the value of even minimal foreign font support... hard for me to imagine, but hey... it's America, right? I did see a new (to me anyway) polyglottal engraving in a wall downtown today, that included a Lushootseed version. Encouraging.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum