[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Evergreen Notes

Evergreen Notes

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

Evergreen Notes

Postby Haruo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:20 pm

Here's a link to the October issue of the Evergreen Region's newsletter:

As you can see, we're having a Painting Party (p. 3) at Fremont this Saturday, and the Region will be putting on Godspell in November (p. 5) to benefit homeless ministries. "What Does This Mean?!"

Unfortunately I will miss this year's Annual Meeting (Esperanto conference in the San Juans that weekend), so I thought I would post this in lieu of attending.

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Evergreen Notes

Postby Haruo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:26 am

Here are links to the

and

issues of Evergreen Notes.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:13 am

Here's the

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:14 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:00 pm

, with inter alia retrospective articles on both WRAP and Building Bridges, previously mentioned in this forum.

Incidentally, I post the Evergreen newsletter links here because they're what I get in my email, and I often like to refer to them in threads. I would welcome it if people in other regions were to start periodical threads for their Region's newsletter, too. Timothy? David? Mike? Ed?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:53 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri May 01, 2009 2:35 pm

Attachments
GSSGGroundbreaking.JPG
BBQ2006staffphoto.JPG
Can you tell who's ordained? ;-)
Mission_Statement.JPG

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Evergreen Notes - June 2009

Postby Haruo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:44 pm

Enjoy.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:11 pm

Playing catchup. Here are the missing issues:

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

June 2010 issue

Postby Haruo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: June 2010 issue

Postby David Flick » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:24 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:03 pm

I looked at some and read the June issue. Very interesting publication.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:14 pm

OK, I'll confess I've not been reading the Evergreen newsletters, but your jostling of my conscience led me to check out the July issue, and I will be certain to read future editions as well. It is an amazing newsletter, and strikes me as the future of Baptists in America, in terms of diversity and scope. I do not know of any Baptist association in the South that could produce such a compelling newsletter. The Great Tragedy article was indeed interesting, both for the ecumenical nature of the community gathering, and for the fact that 3500 attended!

I'm sorry I will miss you during your sojourn to Samford. I have been down in the South for meetings, but am headed back home this weekend. Perhaps I can sidle over to the Seattle area for the October foot-stomping hymn sing!
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:09 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:04 am

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:28 pm

The Karen choir I've heard (that performed at Evergreen's 2009 meeting) was wonderful. Karens (and other Burmese peoples, including Karenni, Chins of three major varieties, Shans, and Burmese (Bama) proper) are arriving in large numbers all over the country, and many of them are already Baptist (especially the Karens) and just waiting for a Baptist church family to present itself. Go for it, locals.

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Evergreen Notes - September 2010

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:47 pm

The September Evergreen Notes has been published:

I particularly encourage you to attend (even if you have to fly in from Down South) the Cynthia Clawson concert (p. 8 ) and to look at the wonderful montage of Seattle Baptist Union clergy, spouses and staffers (p. 9).

Haruo
Site Admin

Winter's Bone in Uptwon Cinemas 3

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Haruo:

Please go today before it leaves town. Take a party on the Church van if you have to.

Me and Kate Campbell will be proud of you if you do
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Winter's Bone in Uptwon Cinemas 3

Postby Haruo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:01 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Winter's Bone in Uptown Cinemas 3

Postby Haruo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:01 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:45 am

Missed a few here. Rather than reading my summary of the October 2011 issue, read the much prettier real thing for yourselves:

and notice the color picture of myself in the montage on p. 11 (from the installation of Rev. Guadalupe Vasquez as Pastor of Confraternidad Cristiana Eben-ezer).

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:43 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum