[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Singin' and marchin' and speakin' in tongues

Singin' and marchin' and speakin' in tongues

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

Singin' and marchin' and speakin' in tongues

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:48 pm

I thought I would mention that I am now taking both Japanese and NT Greek at Japanese Baptist Church, and while I'm at it post a couple of recent photos.

The first one is of me singing at Japanese Baptist during the Evergreen Annual Meeting.
19360012-1.JPG
singing ("watashitachi wa chi no shio desu") at JBC during the Evergreen Annual Meeting; the calligraphy in back of me is the Lord's Prayer, written during worship while the penman's wife sang the Japanese text to Malotte
19360012-1.JPG (18.43 KiB) Viewed 2221 times

The second one is of me preparing to go to an FOR demonstration against the War in Iraq this morning.
19360010.jpg
early this morning in my bathrobe modeling the sign I was to carry on the antiwar march later in the day
19360010.jpg (23 KiB) Viewed 2223 times

University Baptist invited all of Evergreen to the march, but as far as I know I was the only one who took them up on it. I spent a good portion of the march with the Seattle Peace Chorus contingent, singing "Down by the Riverside" and "This Little Light of Mine" and "Siyahamba" and so on.

Lots of fun, all of this stuff, and God is glorified.

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Singin' and marchin' and speakin' in tongues

Postby Haruo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:43 pm

Last edited by Haruo on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:15 am

Good first Greek lesson this morning. Turns out the other student is a Presbyterian ministerial candidate from Kenya, so I'll be able to brush up my Swahili at the same time! Mungu ni mwema*, as they say... ;-)

Haruo

*God is good/beautiful

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:23 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum