[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - National Conference on Native American Spirituality

National Conference on Native American Spirituality

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

National Conference on Native American Spirituality

Postby David Flick » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:06 am

, founded in 1880, some 27 years before Oklahoma became a state, is the oldest continuously operated institution of higher education in the state. The college has strong historic ties to various tribal nations, including the Cherokee Nation and the Muscogee Creek Nation, and the American Baptist Churches of America.

Next week, Bacone College is hosting a . I am honored to be on the program. I thought I would post this information in the ABC Family Roundtable for those ABCers who might be interested in seeing the program.

This Saturday, Bacone College is having their . In the afternoon there will be four hours of . Gourd dancing is, in many ways, an older man's dance. It doesn't involve a lot of rigorous movement. It's a very enjoyable social event/experience. My hip is healing fantastically. I'll be able to dance most of the afternoon. I'm looking forward to the event.

. . . . . . . . . . .Image
. . . . . . . . . . .Image
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Re: National Conference on Native American Spirituality

Postby Haruo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:29 am

Say hi to Wil Brown for me. He was the "Bacone College" that led the opening worship and also the session on Native American concerns at the Evergreen Annual Meeting a week ago. He was going to find me a hard copy of an ABC document about such matters that is no longer on the Indian Caucus website. Don't recall the title offhand. Maybe I should email him?

Wish I could be at that PowWow. Those I've attended have been great fun, and the gourd dance sounds ideal for us codgers.

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:11 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:49 pm

. . . .