[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Surprise, Surprise!!

Surprise, Surprise!!

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

Surprise, Surprise!!

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:49 pm

Well, you could knock me over with a feather right now. I woke up this morning and discovered that I attended the CBF National General Assembly in Washington D.C. That's what the Enid paper said... Goodness gracious sakes alive! My soul & body!! I don't remember a solitary thing about that meeting. And I don't remember eating a meal with Ed, Trudy, and Alan Roper, which I surely must've done if I was in D.C. Holy Biennial-Assembly, Batman!!

Ed, would you kindly help me out here. What did we eat when we went to that high-priced restaurant? Was I well behaved? I didn't order wine, did I? Did I take notes when Daniel Vestal & Roy Medley were preaching? Did I take communion with the rest of the crowd? I feel a little like Mark Twain when he spoke of rumors of his demise...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :o
Attachments
FalseTrip.jpg
The paper said I was there... Don't remember anything about the trip...
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Re: Surprise, Surprise!!

Postby Michael » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:17 pm

We were hoping you wouldn't find out (or remember). You parked your truck, started street preaching to some CIA guy, and, well....

Ed, Alan and I found you sleeping in a booth at a DC hot dog joint. We had AAA tow you and your truck back to Enid. :lol:

I am, though, impressed by your PR guy.....
Michael
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
"Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven."
Michael

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:54 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:37 am

I thought I saw you down in Chinatown. Were you the one six deep back from the bar at the Matchbox? Hmmm! :)
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:51 am

Ed: Maybe who ever submitted that story is related to David Roach. :D
Ed Pettibone

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:09 pm

I can confirm from Bo Prosser that there were 2 BP guys there. Didn't ask names, though.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:46 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:53 am

Ed: David my Friend, Tell me please in 100 words or less what Your protest about Anthony Jordan has to do with the ABC Family. And What evidence is there that David Roach has been influenced by A.Jordan You say "I know that he (Roach) writes for the Oklahoma Baptist Messenger" I would ask does he write for the messenger or does the messenger simply pick up items that he writes for BP

I have a notion that Roach's view of the CBF has come from pastors that he has set under in his youth and perhaps where ever he did his undergrad work. Also he has been at SBTS under the influence of Mohler and Moore for a few years now. And BTW this was not the first CBF meeting that he has attended.

I did note the one bloger said the Roach had spent three days at the CBF and ABC Meetings. It is interesting to me that If roach was at any of the ABC Biennial other than the Friday night combined service that he did the hatchet job on, he didn't report on it.
Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:14 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby jerryl » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:26 pm

jerryl

Postby David Flick » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:34 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:57 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:59 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:34 pm

Ed; I did not rcord the URL. I coppied the one paragraph from their website and went on surfing for info aout D.R. The church in question is Emmanuel Baptist Church in Shellbyville, Ky. D.R. has been pastor there since 2004. It wa a mission of another chuch in the area for some years and finaly became a fullfledged SBC church in its own right, in 2002.

And the church in question is Emmanuel Baptist Church in Shellbyville, Ky. D.R. has been pastor there since 2004. It was a mission of another church in the area for some years and finally became a full fledged SBC church in its own right, in 2002.

When you say Flick that, "it seems to me that Roach's ignorance about the CBF is influenced more by the people to whom he's listening than by his deliberate neglect of listening to the Spirit of God. Prejudice against the CBF isn't a spiritual issue. It's a denominational political issue" I may have to agree that having such prejudice in and of it self is not a spiritual issue. But when an individual well past his/her majority (age 21), bright enough to be enrolled in an accredited Seminary Ph.D. program, purportedly called of God to pastor a church, sets out to belittle Christians of another group in a widely circulated media outlet by publishing inaccurate information, contrary to what they have just experienced, I belive I am on solid ground when I say that person has a spiritual problem. Such a person has a responcibility before God that can not be excused by " he or she is listening to the wrong people"!

We are not talking about a 14year old PK with a fundamentalist pastor for a father.
Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:17 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:14 pm

David I tried to reply to the messenger story at their comments section but the message kept disapearing part way through. and then when I finlay got ready to send it the Send button was not fully exposed.

Esentialy what I said was the same as in my first post about the flaws in Roach's inital BP report. And stated that I do not think Olahoma Baptist get their moneys worth when they help BP send Roach to such events and pick up his tab and pay him what ever amount they do.
Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:43 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:57 am

Roach seems more a disciple of Moore even than of Mohler. When Mohler edited the Christian Index, he occasionally tried to be fair. Moore knows no objectivity or fairness. Roach seems to be more in that model of hatchet journalism.

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:34 pm

Re: Roach's employment. I believe I read in another thread on this forum that Roach is employed as a pastor of a church in Kentucky, and is now working on a Doctorate at SBTS in Louisville. He is quoted as saying he had not been born in 1979, which makes him 27 years old, max. Still wet behind the ears! :lol:
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:21 pm

Ed Pettibone

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum