[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Some fundamentalist will be elated...

Some fundamentalist will be elated...

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

Some fundamentalist will be elated...

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:08 pm

... to hear that I Ed Pettibone, generally unsympathetic with AL Mohler of SBTS, find his current First person op Ed at BP to be rather good and I agree with the tenor of his response to all the hoop la about certain recent Papal pronouncements Re. The True Church. Al's article may be found at http://www.BPFirstPerson.asp?ID=26073
Ed Pettibone

Re: Some fundamentalist will be elated...

Postby Haruo » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:33 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:08 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:45 pm

Well, now that I've read it, I can say that (to my surprise) I too am in basic agreement with Mohler. I'm not sure, Ed, why you started this thread in the ABC forum instead of Baptist Faith & Practice, where there is already a thread on the subject of the Pope's pronouncement, started by Steve Wilcox. clearly shows my identification of the Petrine Primacy, the same point Mohler identifies, as the central issue here. Of course this is central to the RCC magisterium, and of course the RCC claims an infallibility (if not an absolute immutability) for its magisterium that is even more central to that church than the similar claims it makes for Peter's putative successor when speaking ex cathedra on matters of faith and morality.

I am going to link to this thread from that one, but will probably put further comments there rather than here, because I don't see what the issue has to do with ABC-USA specifically.

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:16 pm

Ed: Haruo, I posted the link to Al's op ed over here for a cople rensons important probably only to myself. Most of all because I am realy not intereseted in gettin involed in that other thread. But thanks for your link in that thread.
Ed Pettibone

Postby ET » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:00 pm

I fail to see on what basis would some fundamentalist be elated? :? In this day of "can't we all get along" and "your religions is as good as mine", I'm quite happy to see a major spiritual leader unashamedly make a stand contradicts all the relativism of the age.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:38 pm

Ed Pettibone

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum