[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - ABC News

ABC News

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

ABC News

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:51 am

If you have not done so I suggest you go to the ABCNews link on our home page and read a very straight forward account of the Friday night Joint Worship of CBF/ABC.
Ed Pettibone

Re: ABC News

Postby Haruo » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:09 pm

And once again (my one big gripe about the phpBB makeover)

(it may be here somewhere, but I can't find it. I shouldn't have to retype the url into my browser to get there! The picture of a Bible simply leads to the forum index. The word "BAPTISTLIFE.COM", which by rights out to lead to Baptistlife.com, is not a live link.)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:35 am

Okay, since nobody is stepping up to answer my question (let alone solve the very real problem it reflects), I shall have to do it myself. In future, Ed, please make any reference to "our home page" a live link: . That way we can actually go there instead of just fuming quizzically.

And don't you think it's a bit misleading to say "ABCNews" (which has me thinking American Broadcasting Corporation) when you mean ? Assuming that's who you mean, since I don't see a link to ABCNews at the home page.

Haruo

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby pastormikejordan » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:36 am

Michael Jordan
Exton, PA
pastormikejordan.blogspot.com
pastormikejordan

Postby Dr. Danny Chisholm » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:11 pm

As a newcomer to this group, tell me what usually happens with ABC life between the biennials. I am in the great rivers region and getting info that and the annual meeting. I've also heard about green lake in Wisconsin being a wonderful place to go but haven't checked that out yet either.
Dr. Danny Chisholm

Postby Haruo » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:19 pm

When I was a kid we went to Green Lake practically every summer. My dad, as a campus minister, was almost always involved in some summer event there or further east. I remember absolutely huge red Delicious apples, much bigger than anything I'd ever seen here in Washington where we grow the darn things.

I guess between biennials the regions generally have their own annual meetings, ditto the areas within the regions, etc. etc. People go to church on a pretty much weekly basis. There is family camp in the summer. Mission trips to the Southeast or Mexico. Etc. When you say a newcomer to "this group" do you mean ABCUSA, or this particular discussion board?

Hi!
Haruo

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dr. Danny Chisholm » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:52 pm

ABCUSA for the first part, our church is dually affiliated with ABC and CBF, and I attended the WAshington meeting to get an introduction.

I have visited this site a few times but it's been a while.

Looking forward to learning more about abc, seems like there are similarities with teh cbf, as I more familiar with the latter. It seems like local church autonomy is very significant among abcers.
Dr. Danny Chisholm

Postby Haruo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:26 pm

Yes, and not just local church autonomy, but the respect for the soul autonomy of the believers who comprise those churches, which can even go so far as to admit that what looks like heresy to me (given my background and situation) may be a legitimate and even a vital part of the ministry of congregations whose situation (and perhaps background) differ from mine. There are few US denominations with the depth of diversity, both theologically and ethnically/racially, that the ABCUSA exhibits.

At least that's how I like to think of us, though it may be in part a tooting of our own horn, being from the Evergreen region and all...

Haruo

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:26 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:42 pm

Ed Pettibone