[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - ABCCR Annual Gathering...

ABCCR Annual Gathering...

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

ABCCR Annual Gathering...

Postby David Flick » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:35 am

Hutchinson, KS: We're off to a good start. Effie and I, along with about a dozen others from the 14 ABC Indian churches in Oklahoma, are attending our . (Third article down from the top)

Our first was tonight. Dr. Jeff Johnson, the National Coordinator of Evangelism, was the keynote speaker. He's an outstanding preacher. This was the first time I had heard him preach. He's a spellbinder of a preacher. At least he was tonight. I would estimate that we had between 350 to 400 present in the convention hall.

This is my third ABCCR Annual Gathering since becoming an ABCer. I continue to be amazed at the radical difference between an ABC Regional General Gathering as compared to a SBC state convention. The atmosphere and demeanor of an ABC Annual Gathering is, IMHO, far superior to that of a SBC state convention. William, you would be hard pressed to find many unbashful strutters at our gathering. Our preachers are much more low key than the SBCers I remember from years past. Very few ties & coats on the men. Mostly casual dress...Now you would, however, catch a glimpse of a goodly number of overweight pastors. We have them, I cannot deny... :)

Another thing about our gatherings... The platform does not practice gender discrimination. Our president is female, as was our immediate past president. And there are many female pastors in our Region. It does my old heart a world of good to see women in places of key leadership...

I may or may not report in tomorrow night. That will depend on whether or not I can get back to the room and log on to BL.Com...
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum