[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - I have questions about Baptist Church Services.

I have questions about Baptist Church Services.

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

I have questions about Baptist Church Services.

Postby Judy Windsor » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:10 pm

Hello:

My name is Judy, and I am a college student. I am writing a compare/contrast essay about several christian based church services.

I am including the Baptist services in my essay, and have some questions. I hope someone would be willing to give me answers, and I appreciate all information that I am given.

My questions are:

1. Is there a set format for Baptist Church services? If yes, what is the format? If not, are there certain aspects that one would find at most or all Baptist services?

2. With regard to a child's experience at Baptist services, are they include for all/none/or part of the general services? Is Sunday School before/after the regular services, or do they occur simultaneously?

3. Does the Baptist religion have any sort of part of the church service that is designed to be a time for people to speak freely about good or bad things going on in their lives? For example: requests for prayer, or how prayer helped with some issues in their lives, or proclaim/profess that they've decided to walk with the Lord? This part may not be described appropriately for the Baptist Church, please understand that I am sensitive to the fact that different words are used in each church, even when some aspects are actually quite similar. I just do not know the local jargon for each church, and mean no offence.

If I can get answers to these questions, there is the possibility I may have further follow-up questions to clarify the information.

My intention is to learn, not to pry into people's personal lives. If my questions in any way offend anyone, I apologize in advance. My essay is not designed to put any religion above another, or to say bad things about any religion. I am not looking for a right or wrong church, I am simply looking to compare church services and to point out which parts are similar and which parts are different. My essay will not contain a judgement of any sort, just a report of what I learn.

I do not need to know anyone's name or where they live. My reference for gathered information will list this website and nothing more. The only one that will be reading my essay, is my instructor. It will not be published anywhere.

I hope I do not sound too paranoid. I've just run into a lot of resistance with this project, and have had some very harsh things said and written to me by people who assume I have a hidden agenda.

If anyone has questions to ask of me, please ask. I would be happy to answer any reasonable question.

Thank you,

Judy Windsor
Judy Windsor

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:35 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Judy Windsor » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:22 pm

Judy Windsor

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:56 am

Ed Pettibone

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum