[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Lee Spitzer to AG Jeff Sessions

Lee Spitzer to AG Jeff Sessions

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

Lee Spitzer to AG Jeff Sessions

Postby Haruo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Letter from General Secretary Lee Spitzer to Attorney General Sessions:
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Lee Spitzer to AG Jeff Sessions

Postby Jim » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Jim

Postby Haruo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:24 pm

H: Your apparent lack of empathy, let alone any response I can associate with Jesus, with parents and children in the plight you describe is noted, and it deeply saddens me, at least as much for you, who must be one hurting unit, as for them, whose situation and fate after all don't turn on your reaction to them.

I haven't the remotest idea what that rambling collection of words means, but I regret that I've caused you deep sadness and hope you will soon regain the joy of your salvation. I trust that you have rightly observed Matt. 7:3-5 and cast the two-by-four from your own eye before accusing me of having a splinter in mine. Your apparent spiritual superiority reminds me of Christ's notion (an association with Jesus) about those he claimed were whited sepulchers, but I suspect you wouldn't fit that description since surely you are now housing and taking great care of at least one Costa Rican or Mexican family in your own home. Perhaps you will tell about them soon.

H: You are in my prayers.

I would appreciate knowing what exactly you have in mind in asking God to apply it to me. I love chocolate ice cream but offer it only as a suggestion. Vanilla would also do. If it's just plain goodness, I'm afraid you would be wasting your time since I'm too far gone for even a heavenly-wrought one-eighty...a hopeless deplorable, as Hillary might have it.
Jim

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Having worked closely with an ABC/USA mission in Mexico, American Baptists know a lot about refugees, resettlement, etc. Dr. Spitzer knows what he is talking about. One of the blessings the ABC has is being so ethnically diverse. The denomination has many Latino members and has a region that encompasses Puerto Rico.

I appreciate Dr. Spitzer's letter!
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum