Biennial in Portland, OR

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

Biennial in Portland, OR

Postby Haruo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:17 am

June 30-July 2
Mrs. H. is a registered Participant from Japanese Baptist, and I am an official Delegate of Fremont Baptist.
We have signed up for the Asian Caucus Dinner, the ABSW breakfast, the International Ministries luncheon, and the ABHS breakfast.
Anybody else going to be there¿ Let's get together!
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Biennial in Portland, OR

Postby Jim » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:32 am

That should keep Bromo-Seltzer in business for another year. A collective burp and you might blow the place away!
Jim

Postby JE Pettibone » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:20 am

Haruo wrote:June 30-July 2
Mrs. H. is a registered Participant from Japanese Baptist, and I am an official Delegate of Fremont Baptist.
We have signed up for the Asian Caucus Dinner, the ABSW breakfast, the International Ministries luncheon, and the ABHS breakfast.
Anybody else going to be there¿ Let's get together!

Ed: Haruo, do you know what day the ABHS Breakfast will be? If it fits our schedule we will be at that one. We will be on a tight schedule, as we still plan to make parts of both the ABC Biennial in Portland and the CBF Assembly in Atlanta.
JE Pettibone

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:48 pm

There should be a schedule on the website- don't have it handy right now
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Haruo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Sunday I'm pretty sure.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Timothy Bonney » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:57 pm

One of the downsides of changing denominations is not getting to see people at events that you used to attend.

I always enjoyed the ABC Biennial. It was a good time to catch up with colleagues that I'd gotten to know through the General Board and other ABC connections.

I hope you all have a blessed Biennial meeting in Portland!
Timothy Bonney
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 pm

Haruo wrote:Sunday I'm pretty sure.

Ed; My thanks to both Mr ans Mrs. H. I will try to confirm the dates and check flight availability when we get home to Florida this week end. We are in Clifton Park, Ny tonight (closest motels to Burnt Hills). Will load the truck
in the morning and head south. We have been here a day and I am ready to get out of the cold, was +48 to day but is now 29 and still going down. There is still snow on the ground from last weeks storm. A lot of heavy equipment still clearing the medians on the interstate Highway as we came in this morning. They will need the space if they get forecasted new snow, later this week.

The U-Haul guy promised me a new truck with very low mileage, I trust he will come through, we have done business with him in the past, when we lived up here.
JE Pettibone

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:18 am

Ed: It has been a few days, we are within a half a days drive of getting home. The U- Haul guy did come through with a new truck (737 MILES) . We are now just west of St Simmons Island Ga. The landscaper says the lot will be finished tomorrow but we can unload the Truck when we get in today. We are looking forward to being back into the coach.
JE Pettibone

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum