[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Biblical Baptist

Biblical Baptist

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: Biblical Baptist

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:47 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Abel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:43 am

Keith, I’m not proposing any definitive explanation as to how Judas died. I simply demonstrated a possible clarification of your supposed contradiction. Even Ed seemed to have a feasible reason for the two accounts.

I will admit that I misread your other presentation. I see now that you were not questioning Jesus, just the account given by Mark. My bad. That being said, I fail to see where Mark has Jesus in the grave for 1 day and 2 nights. Mark 15:42 says the crucifixion took place the day before the Sabbath, which would have been Friday. Mark 16:1 says the resurrection took place after the Sabbath, which would have been Sunday. Friday, Saturday, Sunday…three days. I see no contradiction. Jesus did not say He would be in the grave for 72 hours, but three days.

Again, let me say, there are things that are not perfectly clear to me in the scriptures. However, I understand these are my limitations. I am not attempting to give precise clarification to every supposed inconsistency people claim exist in the Bible. I am providing possible explanations that reveal it is not the Bible that is in error, but our incomplete knowledge of events and happenings. I do not pretend that my limited knowledge is the result of Biblical contradictions. You may consider them “fanciful” but they are plausible if not probable.

I guess our differences of opinions stem from our presuppositions. I approach the word of God as being perfectly preserved as He said it would be. I take God at His word. You, it seems to me, approach the Bible with questions and uncertainty. This allows you to see errors where I don’t.
Abel

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:47 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Abel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:01 am

Abel

Postby Abel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:47 am

Abel

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:56 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:03 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Abel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:14 am

Abel

Postby Abel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:30 am

Abel

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:41 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:46 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Abel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:55 am

Abel

Postby Abel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Abel

Postby Bruce Gourley » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Abel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Abel

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Abel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Abel

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Abel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Of course Satan always questions the word of God. I should have been more specific and asked for a Godly witness who states the Bible is in error.
Abel

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:00 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:23 am

Abel, I have sent you a private message to which you need to respond. Please check at the top of the page.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:48 am

What was it Shakespere wrote about "much noise signifying NOTHING?" :?
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

PreviousNext

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum